Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK40 Still Being Made?

Default MK40 Still Being Made?

Is the MK40 still being made by Kahr? I know it’s still listed on their website, but none of the distributors seem to carry it anymore. The MK9 is out of stock everywhere, but it's listed, just out of stock. The MK40 is only listed in 1 store, but not at any distributors, and it's out of stock and only 1 version, the standard matte one, so it might just be that this particular store doesn't delete items that it doesn't carry anymore.

I hope it's still being produced. It's my favorite Kahr.

Kahr seems to be one of the more secretive companies. No one online can answer any of these questions.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

I have it from a reliable source that Kahr dropped all 40's awhile back. Lack of demand compared to 9 and 45. Also added that this is not to say they won't make them again in the future but right now focusing on the models in demand.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah, it's officially confirmed, all 40S&W Kahrs, except the P40 (for the time being) have been discontinued.

Interesting. Speculation in other threads here have Kahr going under due to lack of innovation and new products. Now it comes out that they are discontinuing production of some guns to up production of others. I guess the company is not dying yet. We all have products and changes we would like to see from them, but they must be making money the way they are doing things now. That does not mean that their future is guaranteed without change though.

Quitting production of the .40 cal. makes me a non Kahr owner and a non customer. They apparently want to concentrate on mouse guns.

Apparently the demand for the 40 just wasn't near as much as the 9 and 45. Maybe this will help us get our dreamed about K45?

If anyone just has to have a K40, I have one I probably could be talked out of maybe. I don't carry it anymore.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Apparently the demand for the 40 just wasn't near as much as the 9 and 45. Maybe this will help us get our dreamed about K45?

If anyone just has to have a K40, I have one I probably could be talked out of maybe. I don't carry it anymore.
    And don't forget the powerful .380....................................

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Interesting. Speculation in other threads here have Kahr going under due to lack of innovation and new products. Now it comes out that they are discontinuing production of some guns to up production of others. I guess the company is not dying yet. We all have products and changes we would like to see from them, but they must be making money the way they are doing things now. That does not mean that their future is guaranteed without change though.
    I didn’t read Bawanna’s post that way. I read it that there simply isn’t enough demand for 40 to keep making them, not that because of increased demand for other calibers they shifted production.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.