Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK40 Still Being Made?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I have it from a reliable source that Kahr dropped all 40's awhile back. Lack of demand compared to 9 and 45. Also added that this is not to say they won't make them again in the future but right now focusing on the models in demand.
    Amen on the MK45 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I didn’t read Bawanna’s post that way. I read it that there simply isn’t enough demand for 40 to keep making them, not that because of increased demand for other calibers they shifted production.
    From what I was told that's correct. The 40S&W was dropped because the demand was lower than the threshold that Kahr uses to keep making that particular firearm.

Apparently the demand for the 40 just wasn't near as much as the 9 and 45. Maybe this will help us get our dreamed about K45?

If anyone just has to have a K40, I have one I probably could be talked out of maybe. I don't carry it anymore.
    I'm interested, how much are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Interesting. Speculation in other threads here have Kahr going under due to lack of innovation and new products. Now it comes out that they are discontinuing production of some guns to up production of others. I guess the company is not dying yet. We all have products and changes we would like to see from them, but they must be making money the way they are doing things now. That does not mean that their future is guaranteed without change though.
    Really? Just recently or for a number of years? I'm wondering because part of the reason why I'm looking at buying a Kahr is because if their lifetime warranty. But if they go under shortly after buying my MK9, then there goes my lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun1 View Post
    Really? Just recently or for a number of years? I'm wondering because part of the reason why I'm looking at buying a Kahr is because if their lifetime warranty. But if they go under shortly after buying my MK9, then there goes my lifetime warranty.
    I don't think there is a lifetime warranty anymore, thought it went to 5 years or something unless they brought it back. I have no fear in the least of Kahr going under unless Biden pulls some BS that takes them all.
    Kahr has branched out so the focus maybe be different or spread a little thin but with Magnum Research, Thompson, Auto Ordnance and any I've forgotten I think they are doing pretty good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't think there is a lifetime warranty anymore, thought it went to 5 years or something unless they brought it back. I have no fear in the least of Kahr going under unless Biden pulls some BS that takes them all.
    Kahr has branched out so the focus maybe be different or spread a little thin but with Magnum Research, Thompson, Auto Ordnance and any I've forgotten I think they are doing pretty good.
    I'm glad to hear that you believe Kahr will be just fine. I also think that Kahr dropping the 40S&W is just a trend as unfortunately Sig appears to have dropped nearly all of its 40S&W as well as their 357 Sig, and Beretta also appears to have dropped nearly all of its 40S&W. Ever since the FBI switched to the 9mm and a lot of police departments followed suit the popularity of the 40S&W has really taken a hit, and it was never that popular to begin with, so it doesn't help that the 9mm is really eating into the 40S&W market share now. It's interesting to note, however, that the 10mm is actually gaining popularity. I believe there were 2 or 3 new 10mm guns at SHOT Show this year, the rest were 9mm, except for the new 30 Super Carry; it'll be very interesting to see if it takes off and becomes a mainstream caliber, or just stays a wildcat cartridge like the 45 Super, 460 Rowland, 40 Super, ect.

Default MK40 Still Being Made?

This ^^^

Kahr is a niche player (Desert Eagle, Magnum Research and Kahr Arms).

Single stack double action striker fired pistols are one of their niches. In the micro market they seem to be content not competing with the big guys in the move to higher capacity micros with essentially single action triggers.

While many of the big guys still offer single stack small pistols (Shield, EC9S G43, etc), that market is not what it once was. Kahr doesn’t compete at all in the duty sized market.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Just out of curiosity I checked around looking for a K40. There are zero that I could find, local Armslist, Gunbroker, Buds. Zero.
    No new ones to offer and apparently nobody is offering up the used ones. I had no idea.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Seems like .45ACP is getting abandoned too. I’m never going to have a nice .45 carbine. I could get a Hi Point, but ick. Or put a High Tower bullpup stock on it, but then I could buy a Beretta for that money. And they quit making Berettas in .45.

Tommys are heavy and expensive. There are some AR-looking .45s but that turns me off. What I’d like is an M1 Carbine in .45. But where would I get ammo?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

My son has been sending me gunbroker postings for the Marlin Camp gun in 45. Thinks it takes 1911 mags. I'm not sure.
    I have my Ruger PC9. The Marlin isn't all that appealing to me and they get big bucks for them, like a grand or more. There was one with 10 bids at about 700 but I'm sure it'll climb way high too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan