Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MK40 Still Being Made?

I thought I read about issues with the Marlins, but otherwise if they weren’t so expensive it’s a platform I’d love.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Seems like .45ACP is getting abandoned too. I’m never going to have a nice .45 carbine. I could get a Hi Point, but ick. Or put a High Tower bullpup stock on it, but then I could buy a Beretta for that money. And they quit making Berettas in .45.

Tommys are heavy and expensive. There are some AR-looking .45s but that turns me off. What I’d like is an M1 Carbine in .45. But where would I get ammo?
    I've had two Hi Point carbines, a 9mm which was stolen, and its replacement, a 45 Caliber. Both have worked error free right out of the box and accurate at 50 yards. That's the longest range I ever tried them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't mind having my K40 and am kind of looking forward to the .40S&W becoming "obsolete." I have a few other firearms that once were popular but have fallen out of favor over the years. The reason I say this is because back in 2012 when almost everything was gone from the ammo shelves I could still find boolits that weren't overpriced when everyone else was paying $20 for 50 rounds of .22. Today I can find .25-06 on the shelf at a fair price, but forget about .270 or .30-06. Same can be said about .41 mag, though that is expensive all the time regardless of the current climate.

I saw a box of 41 mag for 90 bucks!!!! That's why when I found 4 factory boxes of it, I decided to start shopping for a 41 mag.
    I didn't realize 25-06 had ever become a factory load. I might have to shop for one of them too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I saw a box of 41 mag for 90 bucks!!!! That's why when I found 4 factory boxes of it, I decided to start shopping for a 41 mag.
    I didn't realize 25-06 had ever become a factory load. I might have to shop for one of them too.
    I can see a Ruger .41 mag single action in your immediate future sir…..…The .41 mag is probably the best and most accurate revolver round ever but it suffered from a lack of ammo choices back in the day when there were only two factory rounds available, one was a full power 210 grain hollow point that was loaded smoking hot and was no fun to shoot from a Blackhawk size gun……The only other factory round was the “Police Load” which was a soft lead flat point bullet at about 850 fps which leaded up barrels terribly and while pleasant to shoot left a lot to be desired……..The .41 mag is a round that just begs to be hand loaded and with some good quality 185 or 210 grain jacketed bullets loaded with Bullseye or Titegroup powder to about 1000 fps would be a fun flat shooting tack driver all day long……

Exactly what I been looking for. I have a couple 44's and a 357 currently living with my daughter. A 41 would fit nicely.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Interesting video. #3 on his list is the PM9. Not because he can’t sell Kahrs but because people choose the CM9 instead of the PM9.

https://youtu.be/MgwmtAK4oZE

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.