Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Micro strikers invasion.

Many LE and DA's still think that it's wrong for your average citizen to use force to protect themselves. It's like you're stepping on their toes or something. If you're allowed to do that, then it's a why do you need them kind of thing. They'll let you know what they think by keeping your firearm forever. Not the right mindset in my way of thinking. They may need YOUR help someday..........................

I like what the Sheriff down around Houma, LA said last year after the hurricane hit. On national TV he warned looters that if they were thinking about coming to his area that there was no 911 service in the area. He said that he was warning not for the local residents sake but for the looters sake because, and I quote, “our residents are all armed and when you need 911, because you will need help, no help will be available so you are on your own.”
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    A FEW LE and MOST DA's still think that it's wrong for your average citizen to use force to protect themselves. It's like you're stepping on their toes or something. If you're allowed to do that, then it's a why do you need them kind of thing. They'll let you know what they think by keeping your firearm forever. Not the right mindset in my way of thinking. They may need YOUR help someday..........................
    Fixed it for ya.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Back when I was on the PD...we had to call our arms instructor when we got a gun from a crime scene or off someone who shouldn't of been carrying. He would come look at it BEFORE it was turned in and take it if it was something he liked. He would give us a substitute to turn in....
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Back when I was on the PD...we had to call our arms instructor when we got a gun from a crime scene or off someone who shouldn't of been carrying. He would come look at it BEFORE it was turned in and take it if it was something he liked. He would give us a substitute to turn in....
    Wow, how sad is that. Totally corrupt and wrong in so many ways.

It was quite the opposite with me. I knowing some about guns was sort of the go to guy when guns were involved. I had one officer brought me a shotgun that he seized. The owner had put a sidesaddle on it and covered up the serial number. Officer brought it to me and asked what he should do. I asked if any crime was involved and he said no, he saw it on a traffic stop and wanted to run it for stolen status. I told him to give it back. He had no reason to run it in the first place. He said it might be stolen, I said it might not be stolen. He insisted the person should have a tool to remove the sidesaddle so he could check it, wanted me to take it off. I refused as I didn't want to risk damaging the gun we had no legal right to seize in the first place.
    He took it to the Chief who sided with me and back it went to the guy he took it from.
    I did make a deal with the front desk for when people brought in guns to be destroyed. Let me talk to them first. I of course could never acquire the guns but at least could point them to local shops to sell, or note for our use rather than destroy which meant they got melted no matter what. Had one elderly lady brought in 7 or 8 old military rifles. Very dirty, nasty, greasy but fun projects to clean up. She said no local shops wanted them. She could tell I wanted them badly, but told her I couldn't take them. She even asked which car was mine and if it was unlocked. Sadly they came in and not sure what happened to them, probably melted down.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It is a shame that cities over a quarter million seem to be more corrupt than others. That bad hurt the good.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Unfortunately my pistol was stolen in Dekalb County Ga which is one of the most corrupt county governments anywhere on the planet and I’m absolutely positive that my S&W Lew Horton Special 1911 went home with someone and was never destroyed as I was told and is being enjoyed to this day because there is no way they were unable to identify me as the owner……….I was mad for a long time and thought about going to a lawyer but I had no case and couldn’t prove anything because I’m sure any tracks were completely covered so it would have been a waste of time and money…….Oh well live and learn I guess……….

Funny, I still carry the two serial numbers around in my wallet to this day in case I see something similar at the range etc. Even if I did, couldn't do much about it.

Another difference between small and big town I guess is we recovered 10 or 12 very nice rifles and shotguns. Of course the prosecutor refused to let me return them to the owner. They were covered with fingerprint powder and needed love. I ran the property room at that time. So I invited the owner to bring his cleaning supplies and brought them into our training room and spent the afternoon helping him clean and oil them up. Couldn't give them back then but at least they were cleaned up and oiled.
    He loved his guns and was most appreciative.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan