Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: PM9 Covert - are new ones cut for MOS?

Default PM9 Covert - are new ones cut for MOS?

Well, it's been a few years since I posted on KahrTalk. I've owned an early PM9 (circa 2006 or 07), which had some issues, was fixed and sold, and also a CM9 about 4-5 years ago, which gave me all kinds of problems with nose down jams on the feed ramp. I attributed that to the hump on the magazine follower, so I bought a Lakeline aluminum follower, which seemed to fix things, but I'd moved on in my mind and sold that gun as well.

About 2-3 weeks ago I took a chance after calling Kahr CS and asking if the humps were still on the followers and was assured they had been gone for a few years. I bought a new CM9 with a pair of 7-round magazines in addition to the flat base 6-round magazine. Wonderful! No humps on the followers. I've gone through about 100 mixed rounds of WWB 115-grain ball rounds and some +P Hornady XTPs and some Federal HST 124-grain standard pressure rounds. Only one failure to ignite a WWB primer ... not even a dent on the primer, so I'm putting it down the gun being just a wee bit out of battery.

Now, I'm getting the urge to sell my S&W 642, use the CM9 for pocket carry and deep concealment on hot days, AND pick up a PM9 Covert for discreet carry when I simply can't carry my Glock 19.3 or I'm feeling lazy and don't want to lug around the Glock weight. I'm at that stage in life (71) where I'm asleep most nights by 9:30, I don't hang out in biker bars, and I avoid political rallies ... so I'm less and less concerned about having massive magazine capacity. I figure my most dangerous exposure is in a Walmart or Home Depot or chain restaurant. Maybe someday I'll go into a movie theatre again, but nothing is planned for the immediate future.

Question is: if I buy a new Covert model ordered by my local FFL, will it come with the slide milled for MOS red dots? It's not mandatory, but it might be a nice option as my eyes inexorably deteriorate as I grow older. Thanks for the input.

Far as I know there are no Kahrs milled for MOS at least at this time. Not to say it won't happen at some point but none at the moment.
    Personally I would have no desire for a Red Dot on a Kahr sized gun with the possible exception of the T series and probably not even then.
    I'm trying to accept the Dot Sights as my eyes are not what they used to be neither, but not on what I call a belly gun size.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

There was a video clip supposedly taken at the 2021 SHOT show with a man at the Kahr booth explaining the Covert came with a slide cut. Thought it sounded like this was the new OEM gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    There was a video clip supposedly taken at the 2021 SHOT show with a man at the Kahr booth explaining the Covert came with a slide cut. Thought it sounded like this was the new OEM gun.
    Could be a brand new thing we haven't heard about yet. Hope it is true and you can get what your looking for. I'll have to do a little digging and see what's what for real.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here’s the link to the PM9 Covert with an optic. I have no idea if this ever came to market.

https://youtu.be/lRhjJeBLFuA

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

This thread makes me wish Kahr would make the slides and frames interchangeable on the PM9 and P9 like Sig did with the 365 and 365XL.

For conceal carry at 1:00 the PM9 Covert would work great. Given that I already have a CM9 and a P9 it’s unlikely I’d spend the money on a PM9 Covert as they’re a bit pricey.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.