Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Bayonet lug fitment

Default Bayonet lug fitment

Hello, would this or similar USGI bayonet lug barrel band fit on my AO M1 paratrooper? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't say for sure, some models of the original were not made for bayonets. I'd be concerned about where the bayonet lug fits to the wood forend. For 25 bucks, if I wanted a bayonet I'd probably give it a try. It may be you might have to track down a different forend top.
    My original doesn't have a bayonet so I don't have anything to look at to help you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I can't say for sure, some models of the original were not made for bayonets. I'd be concerned about where the bayonet lug fits to the wood forend. For 25 bucks, if I wanted a bayonet I'd probably give it a try. It may be you might have to track down a different forend top.
    My original doesn't have a bayonet so I don't have anything to look at to help you.
    Thanks.

I did a little bit more research. Possibly the inland mfg (new ones) will fit. They have a model that comes with bayonet lug. Might try and source one of them. Apparently the bits all come from the same place. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Merica_Actual View Post
    Hello, would this or similar USGI bayonet lug barrel band fit on my AO M1 paratrooper? Thanks in advance.

Hello past Merica_Actual I’m here from the future (present?) to answer your question. No.