Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S9 vs ST9 and why discontinued?

Default S9 vs ST9 and why discontinued?

Hello Everyone,
    Does anyone have any experience between the S9 and ST9? I have the S9 and I love the gun but I'm thinking about getting something slightly heavier for reduced recoil and possibly greater accuracy. Although I find my S9 to be highly accurate I guess a slight improvement could be expected from a 1/2in longer barrel.

When did they discontinue these models and why? If they were going to discontinue anything it would seem they would have discontinued the value series as the S and ST had some nice upgrades. Anyhow, I cannot even find an ST9 listed anywhere. I could opt for a TP9 but I'm not sure if the price difference is worth it?

Anyhow just curious.

Ralph

They were discontinued because of the release of P9-2 and TP9-2. Had ST9, I caved and gave into getting a TP9-2. The TP9-2 is now my favorite polymer Kahr. Well built, good sights, accurate and very smooth action.

Was the S9 priced closer to the CW9 than the P9? I seem to recall that but could be wrong.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I just ordered an S9 and put an ST9 on layaway at Bud's. I don't know if they are leftovers or if Kahr is manufacturing them again. They were priced significantly lower than the CW and CT models. I have also seen both the S and ST on Gunbroker.

I just ordered an S9 from Grabagun just because of the $267.99 price.
    Gave my CW9 to one of my sons last year, and kinda missed it even though I broke down & bought a Ruger Max 9 earlier this year.
    Even at a total of $311 shipped including tax & insurance. It is still cheaper than the $314 paid for the CW9 before shipping, tax & insurance.
    However, my ffl has increased from $25 to $40 for the transfer. But still a deal.
    Of course, I’ll have to buy a couple of mags and maybe some of those Mag-guts springs.

https://grabagun.com/firearms/handgu...6-7rd-blk.html
    Last edited by Armybrat; 07-08-2023 at 04:44 PM.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

…..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    …..
    Dang those are nice. Just looking at them online again and trying to talk myself into one even though I don't need it. Price is $245 including shipping. I just bought another 7 rd mag for my CM9 and they aren't cheap. I see it does include two magazines. Got to be the best deal in firearms right now.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Dang those are nice. Just looking at them online again and trying to talk myself into one even though I don't need it. Price is $245 including shipping. I just bought another 7 rd mag for my CM9 and they aren't cheap. I see it does include two magazines. Got to be the best deal in firearms right now.
    Congrats!
    Seriously, you’ll kick yourself later if you don’t. That price is a steal.

Darn, that’s a good price.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/