Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off to Irag

The post was better before you deleted some of it. Papa has good reason to be proud!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    ...I was at the Gun Range yesterday and their was this very Old Vet. A red hat that said USMC and Korea/Viet Nam. He was with a very young lady about in her teens. She was helping him shoot. I had to take the time to thank him for his service...You know she was proud.
    That's a really nice story. My Dad was both a Korean(navy) and Vietnam(army) veteran also. He passed away with his hat on several years ago. A very proud patriot who raised his children the same. Good luck to your son and God Bless him!

Ralph

The saying while I was in the Navy was, "The toughest job in the Navy was being a Navy wife."

My wife can attest to that, and I would say most of the married guys agreed with that statement. I know I did.

I saw a few guys get those “Dear John” letters when in the Persian Gulf. Testament that it was just too hard for some wives, or too lonesome. I do agree that it must be tough for them. I would not enjoy it were it the other way around. Heck, my wife just spent 2 days at a resort with her girlfriends who were in town visiting. That sucked. I can tell you though, I learned that my dog seems to enjoy a bit of beer just as much as I do!

^^^ Thanks for the chuckle Bird

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    ^^^ Thanks for the chuckle Bird

Pos reps for your son, King.... and all the veterans here.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Just thought I would share this. My son has been in Iraq now since the last post. I received a letter yesterday from Command Central. (actually addressed to him) A personal letter from the General to him commending him for his work in setting up a aid Station and the work he has done there. (He is a combat medic). In the past he has told me many times about the station that he set up, a old steel truck container and how he works there for hours. He is quite proud of his little Container.

For a Command Gen. to send a personal letter to a enlisted man say's a whole lot about the General.
    May God Bless America.

A little bit about the Cencom General
    https://www.centcom.mil/ABOUT-US/LEA...ael-e-kurilla/

You raised an exceedingly fine young man.
    God Bless you both.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

That is a special letter king. I'm sure you are proud, and you should be!