CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: New AO M1 Carbine - Sight Drifted All the Way To Left

Default New AO M1 Carbine - Sight Drifted All the Way To Left

Hello everyone, new member to the forum. I picked up an AOM130. It is a beauty & had the chance to take it out twice. The first time I took it out I shot at 25 yards. At 25 yards it was shooting 3" to the right which was disappointing. At 50 yards I wasn't even on target. It was shooting that far right. So I drifted the sight left which helped, but I am still 3" right at 50 yards. At this point I only have a smidgen left to go with the sight adjustment. After that it will be off the dovetail. I called Kahr and of course they said send it in which I will, after spending a little more time with it to evaluate anything else that may be off.

I only have 100 rounds through it but I also had failure to feeds using both the factory magazine and the KCI's which from what I read work ok. So I have two questions:

1) What is everyones experience with the rear sight? Kahr says they are right on and in the middle out of the factory, but this one is obviously not.

2) What mags perform the best? I'm not confident in the KCI's I bought as of yet but will give it time.

3) Who make the AO magazines? Maybe I can get them at a lower cost from the mfg.

I'm sure these topics have been covered, but am looking for some advice TIA.

Hi GTWOC, welcome and glad you found us. I'm not familiar with the Kahr M1, I have an original made by Quality Hardware and Machine. Your's is beautiful, very nice piece of wood on that one.

I don't recall what the front end looks like and will look at mine but I'm wondering if an adjustment can be made on the front.
    With regards to the mags, again I'm not in the know on those. I have several but don't recall the manufacture.

Sad to send it back in but might be the best since they offered. Nice to get the sight centered back up and shooting to point of aim.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default New AO M1 Carbine - Sight Drifted All the Way To Left

I also have a new AOM-150 (paratrooper). On mine and on one other person that I know of, the front sight is loose. Mine has side to side and front to back play. Check to see if yours is on their tight. As for the failures. I shot 100 rounds through mine with no issues. Using the original and 4 random mags I inherited. I prepped my rifle with lube (lubriplate to be exact) just like I do my M1A.

Your experience may vary but if not for the front sight workout itself loose i would be perfectly happy with mine!!! Good luck sorting it out. AO did send me a prepaid label to send the rifle to them to be looked at. Just can’t find a box and my printers broke…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Merica_Actual View Post
    I also have a new AOM-150 (paratrooper). On mine and on one other person that I know of, the front sight is loose. Mine has side to side and front to back play. Check to see if yours is on their tight. As for the failures. I shot 100 rounds through mine with no issues. Using the original and 4 random mags I inherited. I prepped my rifle with lube (lubriplate to be exact) just like I do my M1A.

Your experience may vary but if not for the front sight workout itself loose i would be perfectly happy with mine!!! Good luck sorting it out. AO did send me a prepaid label to send the rifle to them to be looked at. Just can’t find a box and my printers broke…
    Thanks for the response on that. I do have a little movement in the front sight as well. It wiggles a bit with pressure. I made the decision today to have them look at it and check it out. Fortunately for me, I live in PA, and their repair center is only a nice hour drive away & they said to bring it up. Its also the home of their store which is Tommy Gun Warehouse & I'll check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Hi GTWOC, welcome and glad you found us. I'm not familiar with the Kahr M1, I have an original made by Quality Hardware and Machine. Your's is beautiful, very nice piece of wood on that one.

I don't recall what the front end looks like and will look at mine but I'm wondering if an adjustment can be made on the front.
    With regards to the mags, again I'm not in the know on those. I have several but don't recall the manufacture.

Sad to send it back in but might be the best since they offered. Nice to get the sight centered back up and shooting to point of aim.
    Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately the front sight is fixed. I wish it was adjustable, as that might have been any option, but this is a copy of a 1943 Saginaw so no front adjust. I don't know if any M1 Carbines had a front adjustment.

If your front sight is fixed in the position it is supposed to be, and your rear sight is original and pushed all the way one with your point of impact still 3" off your point of aim I would think you would want Kahr to take a look at it. Is the crown on your muzzle untouched? If so Kahr might end up needing to rebarrel it. And if so and your rifle is still under warranty it would be well worth them taking a look at it.