Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Probably won't see an SA-35 at a gunshow any time soon at least not at any kind of decent price. Just not out there yet.

I did find a Ruger 41mag 4 5/8'' barrel exactly what I been looking for but it was like 800 plus. Probably not a bad deal but way more than they should be. Guess I'm getting cheap in my declining years.
    I certainly hope that 4 5/8” barrel had the rest of the gun with it.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I certainly hope that 4 5/8” barrel had the rest of the gun with it.
    Oh yeah, it was a matched set. If we didn't have this stupid waiting period I probably would have brought it home.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Me too, I'm sorry all the time. Show goes again tomorrow, might go back. I'll tell the missus you said it was ok.
    Tell her it is not only ok but necessary…….Inflation is out of control now, I do the grocery shopping for our family and see first hand what’s happening…….For example, two weeks ago at the same store a can of Hormel Chili was $1.89 which I thought was high but today that same can of Chili is $3.29 which is crazy……I took an empty LP gas can with me to exchange on the way home but two places were out and said they are having trouble getting new deliveries…….The last store had LP gas but was charging $42.00 for exchange, in November I paid $26.00………While there I looked at the pump price for gasoline, $4.19 for regular $4.79 for mid grade and $5.19 for premium…..Two months ago it was $2.29 for regular…….With the way prices for everything is going up guns, ammo and powder may be the new currency……
    Last edited by getsome; 03-05-2022 at 07:20 PM.

My wife used to always do the LP Exchange thing. I finally trained her not to do that any more. Go to a place that will refill your tank.
    I have a large tank for the shop propane heater and it's like 25 bucks to fill, still too high, higher than it was and it might be more now, haven't filled it lately. Hopefully by next winter I'll have a pellet stove in there to eliminate the moisture and cost of propane.
    Just remember it's a great life if you don't weaken. It'll be a better life when the Republicans take over again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm afeared of just how bad it will be by the time Republicans get back into the drivers seat, if they ever do with the cheating stuff. The debt will be so high that we'll need to be taxed for taking a dump. Plus, I've learned that a lot of Republicans are Republicans in title only, running back room deals and good ol boy networks that drives up the prices of various stuffs too. I hope to hit it big in the lottery. Not sure that even that would equal the good life in a few years though. It's a sad state all around. I try not to think of this stuff too much as it is maddening.

I already see a shortage coming our way. Regardless prices for ammo will go sky high just like everything else. Look at the carnage that Brandon has done in just one single year. I truly do not believe we will even recognize America by the time he leaves office or Kawala takes the helm. Not sure we will even make it another year. The inflation which is higher than any time in 47 years is going to get much worse very soon. The Bill from hundreds of thousands of Illegal Immigrants into the Country to include Terrorist has not even come due yet. Putin saw a great weakness and just wait until Iran, North Korea and China make their move.

Our local Wally world has Federal Automatch 325 rds @ $21.00. I bought a box yesterday for no particular reason as I am well stocked. I agree, our range customers cannot find revolver rounds of any caliber and 9mm is going for somewhere between $17-$22/bx. I am so grateful I took seriously a couple decades back, a primer/powder shortage. I am almost ready to open a case of 5000 SP primers that I paid $75 for in the mid nineties.
    With the cost of freight and copper and lead skyrocketing, I see no decreases in the future. One of our range customers is an employee at Federal and millions of 22lr come out of there every day but their costs are way up and freight ain't going down anytime soon.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I was only low on one thing... 7.62x51mm for my PA-10. I finally broke down and bought some FMJ by Saltech from PSA. I got 560 rounds of 150-gr BTFMJ... brass cased and boxer-primed with standard projectiles... non-magnetic. It came in a new, sealed 50-cal ammo can for $399 + tax + $33 shipping, or $465 or so... about 83¢ a round delivered. If I ever get back to the range, I have more ammo that I can shoot there. It's from a military overrun and Swiss made.

The ammo was up to $449 a few days ago, + tax and shipping, so I saved a little.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Nice Kipling quote big fan. And I agree that the Russians don't seem that good at this. Not on their side but some thing seems amiss.

The cheap Ammo website is created with a vision to provide the best cheap ammo deals listing on a dedicated page just for special cheap ammo deals.