Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CM9 with issues

You can see how little it takes to disconnect the trigger...

UNLOADED pistol, of course...

With the slide in battery, pull the trigger half way back and hold it there. Ever so gently, pull the slide back... you will feel the trigger disconnect as the slide comes out of battery. The same thing would happen if the slide doesn't go all the way into battery during firing and rechambering... it doesn't take much.

Thanks Bawanna. I was hesitant to begin tearing into the guts of the gun. I don't even feel that competent ripping a Glock apart, although lots of folks on Glock Talk seem to do it with no hesitation. When I first got into Glocks (2005), I changed out some things on the advice of a friend - after watching him do it - but after a while I just started leaving the internals stock and changing out the stock sights for night sights and simply shooting the damn things. So far, that system has worked for me, and I've never had an issue with a Glock.

Tracking on my odds of every needing to use a handgun in a self-defense scenario (in my personal situation and living conditions), I'm becoming more and more convinced that my odds are just about nonexistent. Of course, we live in a highly dynamic world, which is why I'll always keep my Gen 3 Glock 19 handy. But, at this moment I'm thinking the little CM9 is a great option for me due to its versatility and accuracy. Soon as I verify reliability, I'll be CC-ing a CM9 the majority of time.

I was the armorer of my old police department and hence the baby sitter of about 35 G21 duty guns and a lot of 19's personally owned. I issued myself one so at times frustrated at the computer I could just grab it and take it apart and put it together.
    The guys challenged me to detail strip the 21 blindfolded and put it back together. I got it 100% apart with ease. Going back together was more challenging as I of course couldn't find the part I was looking for. I gave up on the assembly.
    Even retired I still take it apart now and then just to stay up on it. Course now the new Gen's are just a bit different so I'd probably struggle a bit.

With todays happenings and the current lack of leadership in our country, if you need a gun it will probably be a rifle. They are threatening once again to ban hi cap mags here, so of course I ordered another 10 pack of AR mags. Can't believe they are still pretty cheap. Now if I had a pick up load of ammo to keep them all full, life would be better insured. Course since the boating accident I need to find some guns to replace them anyhow so not sure why I bother.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    I'm becoming more and more convinced that my odds are just about nonexistent.
    But... your chances are not zero.

A zillion people (or thereabouts...) play the lottery every day, your chances of hitting The Big One is 'just about non-existent...' but it's not zero, and people hit the lottery every day.

A CW9 is a pretty easy way to prepare yourself for hitting the 'badguy' lottery.

Well said Charlie, well said.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawanna. I was hesitant to begin tearing into the guts of the gun. I don't even feel that competent ripping a Glock apart, although lots of folks on Glock Talk seem to do it with no hesitation. When I first got into Glocks (2005), I changed out some things on the advice of a friend - after watching him do it - but after a while I just started leaving the internals stock and changing out the stock sights for night sights and simply shooting the damn things. So far, that system has worked for me, and I've never had an issue with a Glock.

Tracking on my odds of every needing to use a handgun in a self-defense scenario (in my personal situation and living conditions), I'm becoming more and more convinced that my odds are just about nonexistent. Of course, we live in a highly dynamic world, which is why I'll always keep my Gen 3 Glock 19 handy. But, at this moment I'm thinking the little CM9 is a great option for me due to its versatility and accuracy. Soon as I verify reliability, I'll be CC-ing a CM9 the majority of time.
    Odds change from day to day. Situations can rear their ugly head in a heartbeat. Better to be prepared than lackadaisical. My wife used to say the same thing. Now she doesn't leave home without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie98 View Post
    You can see how little it takes to disconnect the trigger...

UNLOADED pistol, of course...

With the slide in battery, pull the trigger half way back and hold it there. Ever so gently, pull the slide back... you will feel the trigger disconnect as the slide comes out of battery. The same thing would happen if the slide doesn't go all the way into battery during firing and rechambering... it doesn't take much.
    Charlie - it seems to work in that drill, but if I pull the trigger and hold it back, then rack the slide, it doesn't always reset and then click like an ignition strike is going to happen when I let the trigger move forward. Is there an exploded view of the internals somewhere? I can't find one on the Kahr website. Also, are there any YouTube videos showing what to look for?

I decided to call Kahr customer service to what they'd recommend and they had me fill in the request authorization form to return the pistol. They are going to send me a FedEx label. If they're as fast as they used to be (when I sent in a PM9 about 12 years ago), I should get it back fairly soon. I'm crossing my fingers that they get it fixed, and quickly.

That’s the smart thing to do, Kahr will figure it out and it does sound like there may be an issue with the trigger bar and spring assembly so send it back to the Mother Ship and hopefully you won’t have to wait very long but at least when it comes back you will be able to trust it to go bang every time…..Good luck and let us know what they find…..

Snowbird,
    Following this thread, I see that you've decided to send your pistol in to Kahr. At the moment, that's probably the best plan. Let us know how it goes.
    For future reference, if you decide you'd like to "get into" your pistol a little deeper, take a look at some of the websites of the fine companies who provide aftermarket parts. For example..Galloway Precision and M-Carbo both have EXCELLENT videos on their websites that will take even an old clumsy ham handed guy like myself through the steps necessary to completely "Detail Strip" your little gun completely, with only a couple of basic hand tools you may already have laying around. Even if you're not modifying the internals with those aftermarket options going through that exercise will provide a new comfort level with the gun you're going to be betting your life on.