CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: New To Me K9 Questions

Default New To Me K9 Questions

I just picked up a new to me AR28XX K9 I won on GB. It appears it was well maintained other than a VERY wet striker and striker channel. I've looked around and don't see definitive answers to the following...
    1. The slide rattles at the rear when on the frame. The slide and frame rails appear to be straight and damage free. I'm recovering from foot surgery so I can't shoot it for about a month. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I be concerned? The only other gun I've seen that rattles like this one was a shot out Beretta M9. My only other metal framed Kahr was a Lady 9 twenty years ago that was very tight. None of my P series guns have ever rattled.
    2. What does the 6 or 9 mean inside the frame?
    What does the C and two dimples mean in the slide?

Thanks!

The dimple indicates you have the "new style" sights. Good to know when buying replacements.
    NRA Benefactor

When new my Kahrs all had very wet striker channels. Could be it's been shot very little and still factory "wet", or someone unwisely lubed it up. It's of course recommended to leave dry so it doesn't attract junk.
    I agree on the dimple.
    I don't have a clue on the C or the 6 or 9.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    When new my Kahrs all had very wet striker channels. Could be it's been shot very little and still factory "wet", or someone unwisely lubed it up. It's of course recommended to leave dry so it doesn't attract junk.
    I agree on the dimple.
    I don't have a clue on the C or the 6 or 9.
    Thanks gentleman. The upper's internals were definitely oiled post factory. I removed a lot of gunk out of it as well as the inside of the magazine.

As I had posted earlier, mine rattles like a well worn AK. It pissed me off enough to send it back to Kahr ( admittedly a few years after I purchased it), and their conclusion was that it was within spec.
    Like you, I’ve NEVER had a pistol that was so loose in the slide area. Part of me wants to think it was done to ensure reliability, again, like an AK is “ loose” and never malfunctions.
    That being said, mine has been completely reliable, like all of my other Kahn’s have been.
    But none of those Kahrs was this loose. It’s just not something that makes you feel good about after shelling out the $$ for a pistol …