Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: CW45 Trigger is "dead"? Help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    So does this mean she's not coming? I'm slow on the uptake sometimes ya know. Probably slightly lower IQ than your Collie.
    Oh FINE! I'll send her out once we get all unpacked and all the pictures hung and dusted and all that stuff from the move. Almost guaranteed to show up some time in this decade, fair enough??? Let us know in the meantime if you stumble across the BHP mags.
    Did I add that she's a fine cook as well? Hell, nevermind, if you saw the pic of us together, you can figure that out on your own...

I use those same torque specs on everything!
    The Collie and the Shep puppy... I’d love to have either one of those.

Well, The new parts showed up today. I think I see the problem... (apologies, the most important area is somewhat blurred in each picture, at least on the original side plate)

IMG_4719.jpgIMG_4718.jpg

And no, I do not know how the back ledge portion of the original side plate got thinner around it's border, but damned if it ain't. The crude polishing marks on the interior or recessed portions of the side plate were my doing, but prior to that, the area had some very clear rub marks in the lower rear section and in the lower middle section of the plate. The new plate was test fitted with the old trigger bar in place, and there is no issue as far as I can tell. I'm strongly considering not replacing the trigger bar, but I'll live fire op-test tomorrow and report findings.
    Does anyone think I should go ahead and replace the trigger bar anyway, since it's here? I can be swayed with reason, just saying...

I'm a firm believer in if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If there are no issues and it does well with live fire, call it a win.

I'm still at a total loss how there could be scuff marks so low on that side plate. Trigger bar almost had to be off the track and hanging down in which case it wouldn't work at all. This has been a real mystery.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm a firm believer in if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If there are no issues and it does well with live fire, call it a win.

I'm still at a total loss how there could be scuff marks so low on that side plate. Trigger bar almost had to be off the track and hanging down in which case it wouldn't work at all. This has been a real mystery.
    I know what you are saying, but look at the raised ledge around the rear portion of both side plates. The thickness of that ledge plays a huge part on the clearance involved between the interior recessed portion of the side plate and the trigger bar and is noticeably thinner on the old part, allowing for less clearance and almost has to impact trigger bar drag against that plate. And like I said, I have no idea why the old part looks like it does. I wonder if it was a poorly molded part?

Quote Originally Posted by OMCHamlin View Post
    I wonder if it was a poorly molded part?
    I’m going with that for two reasons...
    1. Being thinner, you were able to tighten that screw to the point that the plate contacted the trigger bar, hence the wear.
    2. When you loosened that screw, you said it came alive, affirming #1, as that plate now moved away from the trigger bar.

. I got a wife already and lord knows one female in the household is more than enough.
    Amen brother. That’s all I’ll say about that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I’m going with that for two reasons...
    1. Being thinner, you were able to tighten that screw to the point that the plate contacted the trigger bar, hence the wear.
    2. When you loosened that screw, you said it came alive, affirming #1, as that plate now moved away from the trigger bar.
    Here's what gets me though; it didn't do that before, so what changed? What pushed that set of tolerances over the line from "works every day, load it, holster it and count on it" to "WTF?"

I can't help but think that the trigger bar is somehow misaligned. Something has started rubbing on the backside of that frame cover. By chance did you ever put the slide on and then notice that the hump in the top rear of the trigger bar was sitting outside the frame? But....even if it happened and you didn't notice it, it could have deformed that bar somewhat.
    Is the cocking cam pivot pin seated correctly on both ends?

Quote Originally Posted by OMCHamlin View Post
    Here's what gets me though; it didn't do that before, so what changed? What pushed that set of tolerances over the line from "works every day, load it, holster it and count on it" to "WTF?"
    Precisely this weedhopper. I agree that the old part was probably poorly molded but why did it work without issue and then suddenly not. Unless as Dao mentioned sometime after coming out of the safe the trigger bar got out of position. Maybe it's not even deformed but just out, although it shouldn't work if that was the case either.
    We should turn this into a soap opera. Get out and shoot the thing and see what's what.
    Fingers crossed for ya.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."