Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: CW45 Trigger is "dead"? Help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I can't help but think that the trigger bar is somehow misaligned. Something has started rubbing on the backside of that frame cover. By chance did you ever put the slide on and then notice that the hump in the top rear of the trigger bar was sitting outside the frame? But....even if it happened and you didn't notice it, it could have deformed that bar somewhat.
    Is the cocking cam pivot pin seated correctly on both ends?
    By chance did you ever put the slide on and then notice that the hump in the top rear of the trigger bar was sitting outside the frame? No, never.

Is the cocking cam pivot pin seated correctly on both ends? Yes (At least I think so seems like you would notice that when the gun is field stripped?)

About the trigger bar; As I said, I polished it, with special attention to a micro burr on the top of the disconnect lobe. While removed, I inspected it, but it is a series of steps and bends so it was difficult to tell, but it seemed straight. OF SPECIAL NOTE: When I was swapping side plates last evening, I had the slide off, and the plate off and I thought to press in on the rearmost portion of the trigger bar, and there was some very slight inward movement, which, when released, returned to it's normal position. When I say slight, I mean "SLIGHT", I thought to myself "well, that seems to be not extreme, it's probably going to have some slight movement" I don't think that's a contributing issue.

Oh, and here are the pics I took of the original (and still installed) trigger bar;
    IMG_4706.jpgIMG_4708.jpgIMG_4710.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Precisely this weedhopper....
    ...We should turn this into a soap opera. Get out and shoot the thing and see what's what.
    Fingers crossed for ya.
    "Kahrs of our lives"?, "As the side plate turns"?

Yes to the last item, going to go grab some 45 acp right now (out of the AA&E locker, I don't NEED to go BUY some damn 45 ammo!)

Quote Originally Posted by OMCHamlin View Post
    By chance did you ever put the slide on and then notice that the hump in the top rear of the trigger bar was sitting outside the frame? No, never. Meant to say outside of the slide. When I did that to one of my P380's if I hadn't been looking I might not have noticed it until I tried to fire the gun, and I'm fairly certain I would have had a dead trigger. But I did notice it and pulled the slide off right away and righted it. It was used when I bought it so I'm not sure what caused it. I never did have any problems with it but then I don't think I put more than 25rds through it before trading it.

Is the cocking cam pivot pin seated correctly on both ends? Yes (At least I think so seems like you would notice that when the gun is field stripped?) Not necessarily. Say for instance it is off by 1/16" on the left side. That could/would equate to a slightly larger amount on the right side. I'm not intimately familiar with the innards of that part of a Kahr, but if the triggerbar is riding on or against either the cocking cam or the right end of pivot pin, if the bar was out by as little as 1/16" it could put it in a bind against the cover plate, no?

About the trigger bar; As I said, I polished it, with special attention to a micro burr on the top of the disconnect lobe. While removed, I inspected it, but it is a series of steps and bends so it was difficult to tell, but it seemed straight. OF SPECIAL NOTE: When I was swapping side plates last evening, I had the slide off, and the plate off and I thought to press in on the rearmost portion of the trigger bar, and there was some very slight inward movement, which, when released, returned to it's normal position. When I say slight, I mean "SLIGHT", I thought to myself "well, that seems to be not extreme, it's probably going to have some slight movement" I don't think that's a contributing issue.

Oh, and here are the pics I took of the original (and still installed) trigger bar;
    IMG_4706.jpgIMG_4708.jpgIMG_4710.jpg
    I'm not trying to belabor a point OM, but something is out of whack and I guess we're all trying to hazard a guess or guesses as to what that might be. After you felt that slight movement did the trigger work as it should?

Okay, live fire complete. 3 Kahr mags, one of those an extended "+1" base, and a Metalform standard 1911 7 rd. The Metalform is a non-starter in this gun, and since I have 5 Kahr mags, it won't matter, but it was worth a try. The Kahr +1 mag gave some failure to feed stoppages, but it was with ammo I don't normally carry in this gun(PMC 185 JHPs). I usually run Rem Golden Sabres and they have been flawless, I'll have to dig some up and re-test that mag.
    Question though: which Officer's model mags (if any) have proven to be the most usable mags in a Kahr CW45 size auto?

So is your trigger working as it should consistently now? Sounds like it.

Probably not what you want to hear, but it's my understanding that the Kahr 45 chambers are tight and might not feed certain ammo well (if at all). For example, none of my Kahr 45's will reliably chamber the two Corbon loads I tried (+P 185 and +P 230)... too tight (PM45, CW45, TP45). I might suggest taking the barrel out and doing a plunk test on ammo you are planning on using. I've had no issue with Speer GD SB 230gr, Rem 185gr +P GS, WWB JHP 230gr, Federal HST 230gr, and whatever FMJ range stuff available at the time.

So is your trigger working as it should consistently now? Sounds like it.
    It is! Wonderfully so! As far as the trigger bar and a dead trigger goes, I believe that is in the rear view mirror.

Now, as to a couple of feed issues, first off; no more "1911" mags for me, I don't need them, and they have a pair of 1911s to all play in happily. I have 5 Kahr factory mags for this thing, 2 7 rd extended & 3 regular 6 rd'ers, as to the odd malfunctions with the PMC, well, that's fine, I'll retest with my "normal" CW45 load, Rem Golden Sabres, and if all is well, I'm done. The rounds got stuck on the feed ramp, so the never made it into the chamber, the type of malfunction was the same on all 2 or 3 malfunctions, and with that one 7 rd mag. I will plunk test some of that Rem GS along with those PMCs I had at the same time.

Glad to hear that Gremlin is behind you! I sure wish we knew what caused it.

Kahr does sell mag springs (you probably know this), and they're quite reasonable. If you're interested, click here

Glad to hear that Gremlin is behind you! I sure wish we knew what caused it.

Kahr does sell mag springs (you probably know this), and they're quite reasonable. If you're interested, click here

12.99 + shipping??? Yeahhhhh, they look an awful lot like 1911 mag springs to me, which I am well stocked up on, I'll try one or two various types on hand first.

I wish I knew (for sure) what caused it to cross the line from working to not working, but the path has given me a greater knowledge of the inner workings of a Kahr 45, and I've met a few decent folk, and finally, if I don't know for sure what caused it, at least I know what fixed it...

Kahr USPS shipping for most things is $7.70 for a cart up $100. I usually try to buy enough to make it more cost efficient than buying one thing at a time.

I agree, better to know the fix than the cause, most of the time.