Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CW45 Trigger is "dead"? Help needed!

I looked back to the beginning and only found that you've had this gun a long time. Never mentioned if it was new or used when you got it, but for our purposes it doesn't really matter. Went in to the safe fine, came out problematic.

I wondered if somewhere in it's life somebody pried that slide plate off with a claw hammer or something and removed some of the tupperware that keeps it at the proper position. When you turn that 1/4 turn too much does the plate still look flush or riding low on the frame.

For what extremely tiny little bit it's worth, I'd do exactly what your doing and order the new side plate and screw, if nothing else you'll have a spare screw until your wife finds the one you lost on the new floor.

This is just baffling to me, was hoping Greg would log in and see this. He's probably the smartest man alive on gun stuff I know except maybe John Moses Browning and I never met him personally, course I never met Greg personally neither but guess I'm drifting.

Ok off to the wood pile for me, start filling the wood shed for the next winter if I don't cross the river before hand. Guess the wife needs to stay warm anyhow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

REAL guns shoot 45 and REAL dogs are German Shepherds.....'nuff said
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Hey OMC, could you send Kristi over, I'm playing hide and seek. Years ago I bought a Browning Hi Power mostly cause it came with 8 mags. I know I gave at least 2 away so I should have at least 5 or 6. I can only find 1!!!! Been searching on and off all day. I ordered two for my Springfield SA35 if it ever shows up and they arrived today so I got 3. They do interchange with the HI Power.

This kind of thing drives me buggy. I generally know where everything I own is. Guess when I rearrange to better use the too little space it mess's me up. The search continues.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I looked back to the beginning and only found that you've had this gun a long time. Never mentioned if it was new or used when you got it, but for our purposes it doesn't really matter. Went in to the safe fine, came out problematic.

I wondered if somewhere in it's life somebody pried that slide plate off with a claw hammer or something and removed some of the tupperware that keeps it at the proper position. When you turn that 1/4 turn too much does the plate still look flush or riding low on the frame.

For what extremely tiny little bit it's worth, I'd do exactly what your doing and order the new side plate and screw, if nothing else you'll have a spare screw until your wife finds the one you lost on the new floor.
    Nope, new from day one, I'd guess close to a decade + old. It has been a safe queen, except that I carried it for a few months during the "pandemic" while I was tending the gun counter at the local hardware store when I lived in Virginia. It's never been a subject for "playing around with" or "improving", like many of my 1911s or S&W revolvers (or even Glocks, for that matter), it's been a buy it, put night sights on it, pick up a couple holsters and spare mags, shoot it once in a while, clean it and back in the safe. It was not a gun that NEEDED improving, frankly. I DID seem to recall reading somewhere that these could benefit from a new recoil spring once in a great while, so I did that last year, I was amazed at how stout the new recoil spring was, so much that I called Kahr and confirmed by part number it was correct.

I do not recall ever removing the side plate prior to this, but I might have (I don't think so though). Screwed down snug, it does not look wrong, or too low, it looks fine. I kind of insist though that a screw like this should be as snug as possible without having the threads "yield", and was aware that I was going into plastic, so I used that "just right" torque spec, the one that came right outta my a... well, you know...

I think I'm doing the right thing, I "sprung" for a trigger bar as well, I mean we're talking $27 including shipping (which was in fact MOST of the cost.)

Finally, another plug for their phone support, it is near some of the best I've ever experienced...
    As a point of fact, I need to convey that to Kahr, they need to know they have a least one guy that cares.

It's kind of like working on car these days.....25 minutes to find tool in my garage and 10 minutes to use it.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Hey OMC, could you send Kristi over, I'm playing hide and seek. Years ago I bought a Browning Hi Power mostly cause it came with 8 mags. I know I gave at least 2 away so I should have at least 5 or 6. I can only find 1!!!! Been searching on and off all day. I ordered two for my Springfield SA35 if it ever shows up and they arrived today so I got 3. They do interchange with the HI Power.

This kind of thing drives me buggy. I generally know where everything I own is. Guess when I rearrange to better use the too little space it mess's me up. The search continues.
    No way, bro, she is a finder of LOST stuff, not MISPLACED stuff... Besides, what the hell happens if I lose something while she's gone?
    Edit to add; I also have a Hi Power, ever heard of a GP Comp? The pic is not of my GP Comp, but it's the same - the Goodyears (which I still have), I swapped out for a set of Navidrex rosewood checkered palm swell grips on it, along with a C&S safety and an old Pachmayr extended slide stop on mine. It points like no other pistol I've ever held, and hits right there...
    BHP.jpg
    Last edited by OMCHamlin; 03-30-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    REAL guns shoot 45 and REAL dogs are German Shepherds.....'nuff said
    I read partway down your ad, and was getting ready to talk to Mrs. OMC about the possibility. Fortunately, I made it to the bottom first...
    He needs a playmate;

[IMG][/IMG]

Whats the difference between lost and misplaced? If you lost something it wouldn't be for long, I'd just keep her long enough to find my mags and send her home again. I got a wife already and lord knows one female in the household is more than enough. I know, I know I'm going the hell for saying something like that.

We had a collie like that for awhile. Heard they ran off a lot, people we got her from said naw, they never run off. I spent more time looking for that dog. I finally had to give her to my mom who had a fenced yard. We were on 10 acres at the time but no fence and she thought she was Lassie or something, always running off to save the world or something.
    Great dog, just didn't like to stay home.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I "lost" my front sight screw at the range in the grass, I "misplaced" my front sight in a parts drawer in my gun room where I think I stored it while I was waiting on the wife to find my front sight screw in the grass at the range...

And yeah, he's in the fenced yard or walked on a leash, he's a "pretty boy". NOT a "genius"...

So does this mean she's not coming? I'm slow on the uptake sometimes ya know. Probably slightly lower IQ than your Collie.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan