Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've joined the P365 club.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Anyone tried the Hogue beaver tail grip sleeve on a P365x..??
    I have one on mine, works really well for me. I'm not sure I have the x? Think mine was called the tac model. Came with 3 mags, short frame?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I have two early P365's. One stock with CT laser and my hands down favorite is the one with a Sig straight trigger and Wilson Grip module.

So I'm reading about Wilson Combat claiming that there is a gap when using a standard Wilson P365 (not XL) grip module with the Sig 12 rd mag installed. Anybody that has one care to show a pic of that, and any first hand comments?

The X has a big X on the slide Colonel, as you can see in Post #18.

This picture below shows the 365 on top of the X on top of the XL. The grip lengths are all the same though it's a bit confusing because they're lined up to the left and the beavertail on the bottom two through the pictures off. Grip height of the 365 is shorter than the other two but the same in length, The grips on the X and XL are identical in both directions
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, I just have a plain P365 then, and just noticed again that one has a safety, didn't know that was out there neither. Guess for the California and a few other places folks.
    Should I feel left behind with just a plain P365?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

All of the grips and slides are interchangeable. The serialized part is the fire control unit which can easily be removed from the grip.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

That's a cool thing. I took an armorer class on the 365. That fire control module is a tricky little bugger and kind of tough a bit to work on being so small. Great platform though.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's a cool thing. I took an armorer class on the 365. That fire control module is a tricky little bugger and kind of tough a bit to work on being so small. Great platform though.
    Now I know who to ask for help when my FCU comes apart.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Now I know who to ask for help when my FCU comes apart.
    I still have the manual and learned a few tricks. I can take pictures if needed. I'm certainly no whiz or expert by a long shot. I think some of these models, X's and XL's and stuff came out after the class but like you said they are all basically the same, just different lip stick.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Ok, I just have a plain P365 then, and just noticed again that one has a safety, didn't know that was out there neither. Guess for the California and a few other places folks.
    Should I feel left behind with just a plain P365?
    Nope. Essentially the same gun with a shorter grip. Or slide. If it fits your hand that's all that really matters.

In the interest of clarity...I have edited my original post. The Sig I have recently acquired is the P365 X. I doubt if I'll order the Wilson unit for it. I'll give the Hogue sleeve a try, for (around) $15.00..it's not a big deal if I put it on and don't like it. Some customizing on the Hogue sleeve with a Dremel tool might be an option to "tweek" it. It's worth noting at this point that my reason for getting into the P365 in the first place was to try a red dot on an EDC gun. I've been satisfied with my CM9 for many years but my vision issues are such that a red dot allows more precise shooting. I've also observed the incredible popularity of red dots on the guns of the best top shooters and figured there might be something to it. A lot of folks, myself included, have reported difficulty "finding the dot" when they first attempt to use a carry gun with red dot. What I've learned so far about drawing and firing the new pistol is that having the red dot in front of my eyes when I bring the pistol up is totally dependent upon having a consistent grip on the gun as I withdraw it from the holster. In my experience with my CM9, I found that a few wraps of friction tape over the factory grip greatly added to the integrity and consistency of my grip on the little gun and scores went up. A little experimentation to identify the best places to "build up" the grip based on my hands really helped the CM9. Looks like hell..I don't care.
    (I'm not one of those guys who would put exhibition grade wood with a hand rubbed oil finish on a hammer handle either. )