Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdraw anyone?

Default Crossdraw anyone?

Carjackings have caused me to think a lot as in MN they are a very frequent event. I carry AIWB (P365 or 240PD snubbie) and after the seatbelt is buckled I pull up my shirt of coat so the grip is fully exposed. Works fine as long as you don't forget and walk into a store that way.
    I found a crossdraw for my snubbie on the "bay". It was very minimalistic and I asked the maker if he could make me one with a snap and strap as opposed to the clip. I find a strap to give me a bit more wiggle room and much quicker if put on.
    This is his first example and it fits my needs perfectly. Not a fancy boned to perfection, just a very low cost (under $35 delivered), thin, holster that allows me the freedom of a crossdraw when seated. I don't want to break any rules and this guy only sells on the "bay" and I doubt he has a lot of gun blanks for a variety but he does have one for a P365.
    If it is legal here to give his "Bay" user name someone let me know, otherwise PM be for information. Remember this is not a work of art, rather a functioning holster for us special needs guys. I am not affiliated with this guy in any way and receive nothing from him for posting.
    BTW, I tried one of his clip models and found it was very hard to put on over my belt and jeans due to the extra leather tab he sewed to the holster. That is what led me to the strap/snap version which I found to me much better.

"Never pet a burning dog"

Certainly not a bad rig. It does solely rely on your belt pressure for any retention and reholstering one handed isn't gonna happen.
    All that being said and these things aren't a concern it should be fine if it works for you.
    I absolutely hate thumb breaks but with this kind of holster it might not be a bad option.

I used to carry cross draw all the time when I worked in a tool warehouse where I wasn't supposed to be carrying as usual. It allowed me to see if I was printing and seemed to be more out of the way and not getting banged around. I even got patted down a few times and because I had it further back than normal like 7 oclock position they missed it.
    Funny thing was we once in awhile had a shoplifter or angry customer. People weren't allowed in the warehouse but there was a little counter sales area and they could easily just wander into the warehouse, no partition. But whenever that happened they would always page over the intercom for me to come??? I was probably the littlest guy in the place, I even asked why you calling me?
    Ask me now questions, I'll tell you no lies I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think I would have like crossdraw very much in my younger days if I had been exposed to it. But these days anatomical considerations make it less than ideal. I'm not an appendix carry (aiwb), type of guy either but if I was built differently I'd probably opt for crossdraw before aiwb.

Your not fat, just large boned.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, not either actually. I have the height to carry the weight. I'm thin really. Until I sit down

Well that’s good to know, All this time I thought it was my gut that made it hard to see my toes…….340 that’s a nice holster you found for a great price and if it works for you while driving that’s awesome…….Driving is a difficult and venerable position to be in for self defense with seat belts and winter clothing and such ……I pocket carry my PM9 and while driving, getting it out is mostly impossible so I went with plan B for the truck……I bought a used M&P compact 9mm 3.6 inch barrel from my LGS that was in good condition with two magazines for a good price, it was a bone stock without night sights and had a few scratches on the slide and was dirty but hadn’t been shot much and they let me have some free range time with it and it ate 2 boxes of ammo without any problems so I bought it and now it’s my truck gun riding in a sticky holster between the seat and console with a spare 15 round mag stored inside which gives me easy access to pull the pistol straight up and not sweep my legs to point out the drivers window or windshield……..While fueling up I stick it appendix style in my pants just in case until I’m done and back on the road…….I bought one of those gun safes with a cable to secure it to a seat mount and that’s where it lives under the seat which can’t be seen from outside……..It could be stolen but not without quite a bit of effort and if so it is just a tool so not really a heartbreaker….Staying armed isn’t easy and you have to find something that works for you and not everyone is the same but being armed is much better than the alternative……

I've been carrying my CM9, OWB in a Don Hume JIT holster for several years and REALLY like it that way. Mine rides about halfway between 12 and 3 on my waist (I'm left-handed).

I used to put a Velcro strip on a sticky holster and mate it to Velcro on the inside of my driver door pocket grip end forward which made it very easy for a fast right hand draw.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Well, not either actually. I have the height to carry the weight. I'm thin really. Until I sit down
    man, can I relate to that theses days.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Wow that explains a lot! I sit a lot. I think I just had an a ha moment.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan