Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdraw anyone?

Yeah, it's a pants half full or half empty sort of thing.

There's an ebay seller that makes vertical carry holsters. He makes them with vertical slots to push a belt through. And they're not intended to be crossdraw holsters. But in looking at them I sensed an opportunity. I don't like slotted holsters like that because it requires me to remove my belt to get them on or off, and having to thread the belt through a belt loop just adds to the hassle. So I wrote to him and asked if he could make me one without any slots in it at all. He was nice enough to do so, and didn't charge me anything extra. Nor did he take long to get it to me.
    So after getting it I added belt loops of my own, as I've done for other holsters of my own and others' making. By positioning the loops as I did I get just a bit of backward cant to make a crossdraw easier. For driving this will work great, and I also found that my gut does not get in the way nearly as much as I thought and so even standing crossdraw will work. It feels like it could be a better choice under some circumstances/situations in addition to sitting behind the wheel.

This one won't hold my K9, and I wish it did. But for the P365 it's a good option.

It would have worked out better if I had asked him to make the wings both flat on top, or even flat with an offset to add more cant, and waited for that to be made. But because what becomes the rear attachment point when worn as a right hand crossdraw was not flat I punched a horizontal slot myself into the wing in order to get what cant I could. I really like holsters with snap on attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like most of us, I've got a box of various holsters.
    Have carried in all the usual places/positions.
    Settled on OWB cross draw a long time ago.
    For me it conceals better, is more comfortable and has superior access during driving.
    Micro backup gun usually runs in a front pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Like most of us, I've got a box of various holsters.
    Have carried in all the usual places/positions.
    Settled on OWB cross draw a long time ago.
    For me it conceals better, is more comfortable and has superior access during driving.
    Micro backup gun usually runs in a front pocket...
    With my drawer full of holsters. I also want to try Cross draw. Not just for driving, although I believe Road Rage is on top of the List for Attack. And yes you are right. Car jacking are way up on the list. Seems this scum bags love to get new ideas of how to kill.

It also seems like it would be faster. There is no bending of the wrist then pulling up like Appendix carry. Just one movement to grab the gun and swing out.
    By the way, I see craft holsters makes on.
    https://www.craftholsters.com/cross-...er-gun-holster