Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Return of the CT380

Agree. 32 revolver may be the best combination of compromises. Simple to operate, small enough to carry and low recoil. And it’s way better than a sharp stick.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

My CT380 with 7 rounds weighs in at 15 ounces.
    The Ruger LCP Max with 10 rounds comes in at 14 ounces.
    Kinda surprised me.
    The CT is a soft shooter, but I haven’t fired the Ruger yet to compare. The CT feels better in the hand because of the longer grip, however is much harder for my creaky hands to rack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I bought a Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum back when Covid was getting bad…….I had gone to my LGS looking for 9mm ammo but they didn’t have anything in 9 or .45 and most everything else was also gone so as usual I was a day late and several dollars short but I noticed they had a shelf full of .327 mag and .32 H&R mag because nobody really shoots it so I decided right then to buy the little .32 LCR hammerless revolver and a box of .327 mag and .32 H&R mag for no other reason than I figured get it while you can…..

Well after shooting a few .327 Federals through it which was very much like .357 in a J frame and not much fun at all I decided to stick to H&R .32 mags which are sweet shooting and pretty accurate from such a small gun…….327 Federal Mag is one of those calibers that like .41 mag just didn’t catch on and sell in numbers to keep it in production which is a shame because both are excellent shooters and .327 Federal in K frame size revolver would be super nice….. My little Ruger rides in my work bag and while I wish it had an exposed hammer so single action could be used I bought the only one they had mainly because it was the only ammo available at the time……The caliber is very versatile and anything .32 caliber will shoot in it, even .32 acp is said to work in it but I’ve never tried it but being a six shooter I keep 4 H&R mags and 2 .327 Federals in the line up in case the first 4 didn’t solve the issue……It’s about a butt ugly little gun but I feel better knowing it’s in my bag, just in case……..

That’s as good a reason as any to buy it.
    I have 700 rounds of American Eagle .327 and 400 of S&W .32 long for my two rugers (Sp101 & Single Seven), all bought before the pandemic, but never have been able to find any .32 H&R magnums.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Nice looking six shooters that AB

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    A j frame in 32 is a soft shooter. Might get you into the ammo debate, but is "simple" as getsome outlined, without being "scary" to a first timer. Were I to consider one, it would be loaded with jacketed, non hollow points. No concern about cloggingng up the point with clothing to effect expansion. Just a focus on penrtration. Same reason I load my LCP with high velocity 22's that are not hollow points, or sometimes a little 380, with non hollow point loads.
    Many do the same with 9's. FMJ or solid points to get penetration.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I carry Phillips head rounds in my 380s.

Looks like two # 3's, 1 # 2, and 1 # 1. Got all the screws covered. Well done.
    I have to admit I would not enjoy getting hit with any of those, would definitely hurt and for sure leave a mark.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I carry Phillips head rounds in my 380s.

I bought a couple boxes of Underwood Xtreme Defender .380 and 9mm at a gun show a few years back mainly because they looked cool and are said to perform great and I was on my way out and hadn’t bought anything yet so I picked them up and stuck them in the ammo closet but I’ve never tried either one yet mainly because of the cost but I wonder how they would feed with that sharp bullet point…….My Pico .380 has worked fine with anything I’ve ever fed it as well as the PM9 which has never had any ammo issues and those solid copper, light for caliber bullets look fantastic in gel testing but I still wonder how they would feed……….

All four of those feed perfectly through my LCP and my LCP Max.

My CT380 is a little pickier. The original Xtreme Penetrator on the far left is a no go. The Black Hills Xtreme Defense on the far right had one feed failure out of 20 rounds so it’s a no go too. The two in the middle (current versions of the Lehigh or Underwood Penetrator and Defense) feed fine. Those are what I carry in the CT.

I don’t necessarily buy into the hype but I feel like these will make a ragged caliber sized hole in whatever they hit.