Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade 2 CM45 / PM45 mags for 1 Beretta M9 mag

When I started at the police department as a office puke/armorer we carried 92FS's with a couple 92F's in the mix. Then went to 96's in 40, and third and last transition (hated transitions) went to Glock 21 45's. Took me 15 years to get there but I was happy. Not long after I retired they completed the circle and went back to Glock 9's with Red Dot sights, glad I missed that.

You mention Distinguished. I just finished reading White Feather moments ago. Read it before and gave my copy to my son the ex Marine. Bought another copy and read it again, great read. Amazing man. Now I gotta read Marine Sniper 92 Confirmed again.

Thanks for your service OMC and your wife's also.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    When I started at the police department as a office puke/armorer we carried 92FS's with a couple 92F's in the mix. Then went to 96's in 40, and third and last transition (hated transitions) went to Glock 21 45's. Took me 15 years to get there but I was happy. Not long after I retired they completed the circle and went back to Glock 9's with Red Dot sights, glad I missed that.

You mention Distinguished. I just finished reading White Feather moments ago. Read it before and gave my copy to my son the ex Marine. Bought another copy and read it again, great read. Amazing man. Now I gotta read Marine Sniper 92 Confirmed again.

Thanks for your service OMC and your wife's also.
    Thanks for MY service? Heck, I woulda never met such a fine gal if Uncle Sam hadn't hired me! Thanks for the job!

I met Hathcock once, at a gun show in Charleston (or Norfolk?). He was a real "no-shitter", and although his health had gone to heck, he still had the fire... An honor, but I will tell you, I met and worked with a lot of honorable men and women in my time in the club... just not as famous...

Talk about famous; we were going through old albums as we were unpacking, and came across a pic of my dad with his crew cut and elbow patched sport coat, showing a huge bank of IBM computers to some Air Force brass in Alaska, and this old pic, I just realized, the 3 star that he was showing all this crap to was none other than Curtis Lemay. I guess the God-like aura had faded in the pic over the years...

Man, you guys are full of interesting stories. Or full of something!
    OMCH, thatís a SWEET looking M9!!! I love, LOVE target sights. Too bad it did not work as you wished. Yes, hard to beat a 1911 at the range. Iíve never done the competitive or qualifying stuff, but with my plinking Iíve been amazed by what a 1911 can do when one does their part. To date, a Colt Competition (9mm) was the most accurate thing Iíve ever shot. An STI was second and then a DW. Sadly all gone in a stupid decision to start a new business, which is now defunct. Maybe Iím a dumb a, but these days I prefer to make guns look cool vs doing the accuracy stuff. Anything I carry I just do short range, defensive distance ďinstinctiveĒ shooting (quickly point and shoot without using the sights), but do keep a 5Ē 1911 or 2 in case I feel like taking the target to the end of the range. Mostly just when I take new shooters and try to learn them about DA vs SA. Love that M9 of yours!!!

Oh... now I see the Brigadier slide. Sorry, read your words but did not scrutinize the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Oh... now I see the Brigadier slide. Sorry, read your words but did not scrutinize the pic.
    No worries, at that time the Brig was one of the few (only?) that had a dovetail front sight. Langdon's work was impeccable, but I tried "getting by", and that didn't cut it! I eventually found an older bullseye shooter who sold me his Rock River (not to be confused with Rock Island!) National Match hardball gun. It will be all I ever need and instantly removed ANY excuse gun related that I could have conjured up...

Pierce 1911 under grip finger grooves came in, so got them "fitted"!

20220331_161427.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OMCHamlin View Post
    No worries, at that time the Brig was one of the few (only?) that had a dovetail front sight. Langdon's work was impeccable, but I tried "getting by", and that didn't cut it! I eventually found an older bullseye shooter who sold me his Rock River (not to be confused with Rock Island!) National Match hardball gun. It will be all I ever need and instantly removed ANY excuse gun related that I could have conjured up...
    I have heard their name often, and good things about them (Langdon).
    I've heard of Rock River too. Sounds like you've got a laser one there!!!
    Off to ship out some mags now!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Pierce 1911 under grip finger grooves came in, so got them "fitted"!

20220331_161427.jpg
    Dang, I think I found a set of those under grip finger grooves for a 1911 while searching for my Hi Power Mags. Finding all kinds of stuff except what I'm looking for.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I did the same thing a few months back and threw them on a little Kimber. Fits like a glove now.
    I was excited by the look, but if you look at the pic (I snapped the pic as soon as I was done ďfittingĒ them), the top finger groove is too close to the trigger guard. I can force/cram that top finger into the groove, but not as comfy as the Kimber. I may either run with it, scrap the idea or go back to the drawing board. I just got that set off fleabay for $12, so thought Iíd take the low dollar risk. Worked out well with the Glock 19 grip for the CW45, and was hoping for another win. Sometimes I just gotta try!

I wonder if a set of the Beretta finger groove grips would fit your hand, they felt big, but comfy for me.
    100_1211a.jpg

Here's a set of Pachmayr finger grooves: https://www.ebay.com/itm/26538253422...Condition=3000