Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: April Foolishness

A little real life humor...this actually happened in my extended family this weekend.

My nephew’s FIL came home yesterday - drove his SUV up the slightly inclined driveway and couldn’t take his foot off the gas pedal.
    He drove through the garage door, hit the classic Mercedes-Benz parked inside, shoving it through the back wall into his newly remodeled kitchen.
    The fridge wound up on the opposite wall by the sink, with the Mercedes occupying the fridge’s normal space. Another 15’ and the fridge would have landed in his swimming pool. 😂😂

(the gentleman was not hurt at all and is pretty well off So no financial hardship - he isn’t even going to tell his insurance carrier)
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Damn I'm crying just reading about it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My wife’s Uncle Jack was a really great guy and a WWII vet but he was a drinker who loved his vodka……One year he came to the family Christmas party late and since there were so many cars parked in the driveway and street he decided to park his late 60’s Olds Toronado in the front yard and somehow ran it up on a giant oak tree stump which Ray Charles would have seen and managed to high side the front wheels off the ground disabling the car…..He came in and found me knowing that I worked on cars and said there was something wrong with his transmission and would I look at it…….Somehow I kept a straight face when he started the car, put it in gear and mashed the gas spinning the front wheels…..Jack cut it off, got out and still didn’t realize what he had done……All I knew to say was, well it’s not the transmission, it seems to be working fine……..The tow truck driver came and winched it off the stump and didn’t bat an eye, said he had seen much worse……….

Before my son had ever been behind the wheel of a car I asked him to move my Tahoe out of the garage. He didn't want to but I insisted he'd be fine. At the back of my garage there is a wall which separates the garage from a room behind the wall. When he shifted out of park he pulled down too far and put in in drive. Of course the truck started rolling forward toward the wall which was only a few feet away. I more or less panicked. I was standing beside the truck and said "hit the brake, hit the brake". Well the poor kid didn't know the difference between the brake and the gas, and so with a 50/50 chance he picked the wrong one. Truck shot forward and pushed the wall into the other room. It did stop, because he was smart enough to know if the pedal he was pushing didn't stop the truck it must be the other brake pedal. I managed to find my inner calm and asked him to put it in park, which he did. I backed the truck out of the garage after that. Being that I had worked in construction for so long in my former life I demo'd the wall, rebuilt everything and finished it myself. I did learn that it was a good thing I had never sought work as a driving instructor. Though a few years later I did teach both my kids how to drive, just as I had taught them how to ride a bike. But to be perfectly safe we followed up my instruction with driving school for both of them. They're accident free to this day. Though it's likely no thanks to me. He's now 24 and my daughter is 25. I've never blamed him because it wasn't his fault. And so to this day we both get a good chuckle out of the story when we retell it to others.

Any pictures of the daughter?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Any pictures of the daughter?
    Man you crack me up!
    7A425F15-02D5-4BFE-9815-1BB1A6A82AC6.jpg

Took me a good 2 minutes to see that correctly when my eyes uncrossed but I like the first view a lot better…….Just sayin
    Last edited by getsome; 04-26-2022 at 08:59 AM.

I still just see a lamp but I'll keep looking.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan