Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: April Foolishness

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I grew up on Army posts in the 1940s & ‘50s that had a minimum of kids playgrounds.
    But we did get to play on some cool stuff like Sherman tanks, half tracks, howitzers that were displayed.
    At Fort Leavenworth they even had a static display of a captured Nazi Buzz Bomb from WW2 that I loved to crawl all over.
    Didn’t get to play on one of those merry-go-round things until we were stationed in St.Louis in the mid 1950s. I didn’t like it because it launched me along with a stream of barf.
    Leavenworth was my dad's post. He was an MP there. His duty was riding the trains bringing back prisoners from the east coast [I guess that would of been great duty during the war].
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Ok, so I should have said, "Jeep, you ever been to the ice races on the lake"?

We were riding that roller coaster once when they stopped the cars right before we got to the top and it released us. They made us walk down because a cable had broken.

Ahhh the memories of the stuff we did as kids! Where I grew up we all had our own cars by about age 10. I didn't live far from some of the Kennedy's in Massachusetts and they let us drive in their gravel company pits which was next to a forest with lots of logging roads. I remember being told by manager just to stay away from the hogs. At that age didn't mean anything to us "stay away from hogs" I think back and realized he told us that for our own good, lucky the hogs never ate us [they were wild ones]. Here is clip from local paper back then of one of our many mischievous adventures. We convinced Bobby to put on the silver fall out suit from my dad's closet, shoved a flashing flashlight lantern down the back and taped on some t.v. rabbit ears to his head......then came convincing people along along the road we saw a spaceship land!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Fun times, those bygone days of our youth. Sometimes I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then. But most all of us learned some hard lessons due to what we didn't know then. Lucky for you the meanness of hogs wasn't one of them!

I think this is a clothing ad, but I’m not positive…

Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I think this is a clothing ad, but I’m not positive…

Looks comfortable
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Yes, she does.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

And you could honestly answer without fear for life and limb when she asks, "do these pants make my butt look big?".

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"