Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From Leader to Trailer

Default From Leader to Trailer

I would have said Follower but I'm not convinced that Justin even cares to compete enough to play the wonder nine game of ever-increasing capacity.
    Below are pictures of my PM9 and P365X. Don't get me wrong I'm still greatly fond of my Kahrs, even moreso than my size-comparable Sigs. But these pictures give a pretty good illustration of what Kahr is up against, or would be if Justin decides to get back in the game.
    My PM9 with the Lakeline extension is a 6+1 gun. The P365 with a flush fit mag is 12+1 and with the extended mag is 15+1 with only about 3/4" added to the grip length in the latter case. The Sig is the same in slide width, not as tall with the 12rd mag vs. Kahr with the extended mag, and just a bit longer in slide length (3/8"). It's less than 3ozs. heavier than the Kahr with an empty mag in each. Not a lot to add to the pocket or holster in order to get either 6 or 9 add'tl rounds.
    I have no doubt Justin could again make the Kahr a leader in its class if he cared to. The big questions are, does he want to? And will he?
    Even if Kahr never gives us a K45 it would be great to see a PM9D that is double stack no bigger than the P365X and able to match the capacity, but with the buttery smooth DA trigger it already has. My wallet would suffer but my admiration would be even higher.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default From Leader to Trailer

I just sold my CM9. It was a great and reliable gun but since I bought my first P365 in October 2019 I have not carried the CM9. Given a choice, I will choose the 365 every time. For me itís a few reasons:

1) I shoot the 365 better

2) The 365 has higher capacity

3) No difference in ease of carry

DAO: with your Lakeline extension I think your PM9 is 7+1.
    Last edited by DavidR; 04-05-2022 at 02:44 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Yeah, you're right David, that mag is 7+1 with the extension.

I keep a spreadsheet with miscellaneous details for my modest collection (including the date on which they all sank on the boat), but if I don't reference it I do sometimes remember the details wrong.

I haven't shot my P365X yet, but I think I'm really going to like it. I've heard they're relatively soft shooting, you gotta love the capacity, and they're easy to carry. But I still like my Kahr's better for the trigger, the looks, and the feel in hand.

Well, I sold my PM9 several months after picking up a P365ms as well. It's hard to argue the more size efficient platform, unless you simply result to raw emotion...

For right now, my Kahr CW45 stays put, as I know of no better platform for that round and my needs. (Plus, I took a heat gun and re-purposed a Glock 43X holster to the CW, and it is perfection for holstering the Kahr.)

I think about the only thing the cm9 still has going for it is weight by a very, very, very slim margin. That said I havenít carried my cm9 in so long I canít remember when. Iíve recently been carrying a g43 with a magguts for 8 plus 1 because it pockets better, or a g48 with 15 round shield arms mags.

Kahr has slipped behind Iíd say.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I like the Kahr trigger better, my CM9 is staying.

Otherwise, I posted years ago that Kahr could fit a staggered 9mm mag in a grip the width of the PM45. All the other gun makers listened to me.
    A corrupt government tends to be well protected by a thin white line of bureaucracy.

The Kahr is one classy gun. I mean, it just has a cool look and feel. Just something about them. Either you are a fan or you are not. And plenty of fans out there. My CM9's are definitely not going anywhere. And 7 or 8 rounds is more than enough for any practical EDC.

I recently acquired a Sig P938 [Baby 1911] it holds 8 rounds super light and slim. I really like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

You can use the Kimber 8rd mags in that with no problem at all Jeep, giving you 9rds of baby 1911 sweetness. It adds about 3/8" to the bottom of the grip past where your current 7rd mags are.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I like the Kahr trigger better, my CM9 is staying.

Otherwise, I posted years ago that Kahr could fit a staggered 9mm mag in a grip the width of the PM45. All the other gun makers listened to me.
    Thatís what Iíve been hoping for, but am through waiting. Am looking at the Sig P365, the Ruger Max 9, and the S&W CSX.

Justin Moon has apparently decided to concentrate on the Auto Ordnance & Magnum Research branches of his firearms group at the expense of Kahr.
    Disappointing, to say the least.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling