Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From Leader to Trailer

I’m a fan of the Shield Plus. The Hellcat and 365 seem nice, but I can’t get excited about them for some reason.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I really like my Shield 1.0. It’s a little bigger than the 365 and Hellcat but still easy to carry at 1:00 because it’s so thin. The grip on the Shield Plus may be a bit larger than I like.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

The Plus grip isn’t really plus size, the difference between it and the old Shield is barely noticeable.

I hope to fondle one soon.

Had one (Shield Plus). And sold it. I could not get the slide to cycle with all 13 rounds in the larger magazine. Either by hand or after firing. Once the top round was gone it did fine. I only shot about 50 rounds through it so it might have broken in past that but I traded it for something I wanted more. It shot well, felt good and as with most Smiths it appeared to be of good build quality. Pocketable too.
    I've seen vids on youtube of some experiencing bulging mags with the new CSX when filled to capacity. To the point where they have to be manually yarded out of the magwell. Methinks Smith might be rushing things to market a bit too fast these days.

My Plus has been flawless since day one. I bought two additional 13 round mags, when I was able to find them. One appears to have had the spring from the smaller mag put in it, as the follower doesn't reach the top when empty. No matter, I intend to install MagGuts kits when they come out, so I'll have a 15+1 Shield. One of the other mags takes extra effort to get the 13th round in, but it does go in.

If anyone has been following my thread in the "Other firearms" section you'll notice that my interest in the Sig P365 wasn't driven by a desire for more rounds. I put the MagGuts +1 in the 6rd Kahr magazines for my CM9. 7+1 in my EDC gun has been fine. I recently acquired the Sig P365X and now carry 12+1. Frankly, the extra 5 rounds isn't a "make or break" for me. For domestic EDC, and especially since I got out of the 1% Biker world...I was fine with 8 in the gun. I've been in places overseas where my EDC was a Browning Hi-Power and (at least) 2 spare magazines. What DID make a difference was the opportunity to get into a quality carry gun with a red dot. My eyes aren't great and having a red dot sight that works real well with my everyday "street" glasses was the reason for getting the Sig. If we're talking about ideas we wish Kahr Arms had produced or would produce...I wish they offered a slide for my CM9 with a red dot installed at an attractive price point. I'd have grabbed that and not the Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    The Plus grip isn’t really plus size, the difference between it and the old Shield is barely noticeable.
    My LGS has a Plus with night sights for $469. I quickly walked away from the counter.

Maybe next week I’ll bring in my 1.0 and see about an upgrade. I need to find out if it will fit my Vedder Light Tuck.

I've been a competitive shooter for most of my life. I haven't competed with my black front target sights and black rear sights in a few years, last time I went to the range - I had a very hard time picking them up. I don't have red dot mini reflex on any of my carry guns - but I think I'm headed that way. I can send some of my Kahr slides to get milled or just start over and look at other brands or maybe Kahr can offer a slide cut option for existing owners on their website or offer a RMR cut out option on their new slides / pistols.

My brain started clicking when a saw the optics ready PSA Dagger for $349 and almost anywhere you can find SIG ROMEO ZERO's for $150 - $500 gets you a 15 rnd red dot optics topped pistol - brand spankin new

Consider a CT laser grip? Mine work great and don’t change the guns profiles.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899