Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From Leader to Trailer

I still am really fond of all my Kahrs, my T9 and my PM45 probably leading the Kahr pack.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

+1 on the PM45. I decided not to bid on the last T9 I saw. Still regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I still am really fond of all my Kahrs, my T9 and my PM45 probably leading the Kahr pack.
    Didn’t you get a Sig P210? How would you compare the 210 to the T9? Or was that someone else?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Didn’t you get a Sig P210? How would you compare the 210 to the T9? Or was that someone else?
    I did get a P210 Sig and it's absolutely delightful. If I had to choose between the two the Sig would win hands down but thankfully I don't have to choose so I get to keep both. The T fits just about everyone that has held one like it was made for them. Especially me. That being said, the T is more practical for a carry piece. The 210 especially the Target model like I got is really not with the big comfy grip etc. There is a 210 Carry now with a more normal grip that might make a fine carry piece.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Personally, I'm quite happy with my four Kahrs, PM9, MK40, CM45, and CW45 just as they are. I don't care for staggered Mags as the extra rounds just add weight and widen the grip. Of my fourteen Pistols, only one holds more than eight rounds, and it's too large to carry. The HK USP 40 does make a good HD weapon though with excellent night sights and thirteen round mags.

You are absolutely correct. I can't imagine Kahr sells very many pistols anymore. The CW380 probably sold ok for a while because it was the smallest, nicest .380. But Ruger has the LCP II and the LCP Max for about the same money, with much higher name recognition and market penetration.

I don't think many people are going to spend what Kahr wants for a PM9 when they can get a Hellcat or P365 or Shield Plus for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I can't imagine Kahr sells very many pistols anymore. The CW380 probably sold ok for a while because it was the smallest, nicest .380. But Ruger has the LCP II and the LCP Max for about the same money, with much higher name recognition and market penetration.

I don't think many people are going to spend what Kahr wants for a PM9 when they can get a Hellcat or P365 or Shield Plus for less money.

Ill take the Kahr 380 any day over any LCP. I have owned many LCP's own two Kahr CW380 and p380. For one thing they will run the Rugers to to the ground in quality and longevitiy, Trust me, I know this for a fact. . And if someone wants a Micro 9 they CAN get a Kahr CM9. And by the way I do have a Sig 365. The Kahr's are not going anywhere. In fact the Kahr CM'9s are going for around $422.00 which is heck of a deal. Where can I get a Sig for that price? Or Hellcat?

We paid $240 for the wife's LCP II. You get what you pay for. Minimal everything. If you get 1200 rds. through it, be happy. It's not supposed to be quality. It's a throwaway gun. It shoots well for what it is. If you're someone who doesn't practice or shoot a lot, it's a pretty good buy. IMHO, a going to the mailbox gun. A bit overpriced currently.

I paid $170 new for the last regular LCP about 3 years ago. Paid $300 for my first one in 2008.
    Paid $380 for an LCP Max in February, but I seriously doubt it will drop $100+ in price any time soon.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    The Plus grip isn’t really plus size, the difference between it and the old Shield is barely noticeable.
    You’re absolutely correct. Rented one today. Barely noticeable but for me a definite improvement. The grip, being a little thicker, feels better proportioned. I will soon have one.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.