Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Different slidestop/takedown lever/pin on K's

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's a fine invention. I've heard of some setting up a punch in a vise and then holding the slide back while pushing on the punch. Your invention beats that considerable.
    +1 on what Bawanna said -- that's some mighty fine thinking there!

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Aw shucks, thanks

I have one MK9, MK40, and K9, and I have two K40s.

The K40 on the far right with slide stop that has a slanted end and a frame without screw and spring on it needs do be tapped out in order to break the gun down. If you look below, it also doesn't have the notches on the frame and slide that aids in field stripping.

All the others have the notches on the slide and frame, and I can pop the slide stop out with only medium pressure by hand after lining up the notches. I don't need any tools.

MK40 Manufactured Feb 2000

K40 Manufactured Feb 2014. This is most difficult to field strip and I need to use a tool to knock the slide stop out.

K40 Purchased NIB Apr 2019.
    Last edited by 187911; 11-24-2022 at 07:19 AM.

That’s a nice metal frame Kahr collection you have there. That makes me envious, and it takes something to make me feel that way.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

My K-9 made in 2012 is of the harder variety. No witness marks, just eyeball the slide stop and the notch, and tap with a mag.
    NRA Benefactor

The K40 on the right is a far superior design in my feeble opinion. It locks up more positively on the off side with a straight kind of a leaf spring affair. Doesn't rely on the tiny little screw and spring on the near side.
    Both systems work just fine but I like the far-right style better. Not that hard to tap it out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The K40 on the right is a far superior design in my feeble opinion. It locks up more positively on the off side with a straight kind of a leaf spring affair. Doesn't rely on the tiny little screw and spring on the near side.
    Both systems work just fine but I like the far-right style better. Not that hard to tap it out.
    I agree with you as I don't like the extra parts, but the newer design with the indicators on the slide and frame, the cutout on the slide, and the screw/spring on the frame is more convenient, easier to break down, and never caused an issue.

I purchased the MK40 used, so I don’t know how many rounds were put through it. It's still going on 23 years old, and still going strong with the screw design.

I wonder why and when Kahr switched up the design.
    Last edited by 187911; 11-24-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    That’s a nice metal frame Kahr collection you have there. That makes me envious, and it takes something to make me feel that way.
    Thank you. I need a T9 or T40 in my life though. That's all I am missing.

Several years ago, I had a chance to buy a .40SW CZ 75B for 300 bucks with three mags. I passed because I did not have any other .40 guns. Now I am thinking, I should have bought it.
    Because often .40 is the only ammo available at local shops. So because of that and this thread, I am currently bidding on a K40 on gunbroker. If I win and have to buy it, it's all y'all's fault.
    BTW, it has the older slide stop.
    NRA Benefactor

Very nice invention there dao. Some good thinking there for sure!