Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting stick on 1911 front strap

Default Interesting stick on 1911 front strap

Came across these when doing some 1911 oggling. Not for me, but maybe for thee? Called “snake strap”. (you can google that term if this stuff is to your liking.) HISSSSSSSSSS!
    A0CF2139-C2C0-4AD9-8134-F61C7F323EB3.jpg

Really like my V-Bob front strap
    feSD6k8.jpg

That looks great on there! Is that the Wilson one? I think there was a discussion on here about that one recently.

I think that's cut into the frame, my Cbob has cut checkering on the front strap. It's plenty aggressive.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice! Was looking at a “blem” Cbob yesterday on GB. Mighty alluring! Can’t be spending… er, investing in them right now though. Dang ol home “improvement” stuff going on lately. My back sure is not improving from it all though!

Just found this thread. I sure like that snake strap. With the right gun and a set of grips to match that would be very handsome. But I do like the factory checkering best for feel in hand. I do have some marine step tape on my M1991A1 and clear skateboard tape on my Tisas Carry and they both look and feel fine as well. Options are a good thing.

I've used those Wilson Front straps before and they work really well. As I recall I even put one on a K frame at one time. Don't know why I took it off. They are very thin metal and the texture is really good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Just found this thread. I sure like that snake strap. With the right gun and a set of grips to match that would be very handsome. But I do like the factory checkering best for feel in hand. I do have some marine step tape on my M1991A1 and clear skateboard tape on my Tisas Carry and they both look and feel fine as well. Options are a good thing.
    I’m ashamed to say, but I just found the clear skateboard tape you sent to me. I apparently laid it on top of something on a shelf in my room, letting it slide back behind that shelf. So, I kinda got a good gift all over again by finding it back there. Hoping for more cool weather again soon so I can do some tinkering, including finding a smooth front strap or two to put some of that stuff on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've used those Wilson Front straps before and they work really well. As I recall I even put one on a K frame at one time. Don't know why I took it off. They are very thin metal and the texture is really good.
    I saw those. Looks like a good idea and they don’t look too shabby either.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Really like my V-Bob front strap
    feSD6k8.jpg
    I can see why! Handsome lil booger right there. I have not had a DW in a while, after a sell off, but wanting to get 1 or 2 again some day. Those V-Bobs are slick! Are those grips stock? Some sort of stabilized wood?