Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
I also personally don't see the need for that much finger on the trigger on a Kahr. Do what works for you.
I'll just throw this out there...

My P380 is incredibly small, and there should be no expectation that it would properly fit anyone's hand unless they are unusually small in stature. But the appeal of the P380 is its diminutive size, and that's why I like it.

Long ago I noticed that my accuracy when shooting with the pad of the finger is not as good as when I'm shooting with the first joint of the finger. When dry firing, I can totally see why. When dry firing with the first joint, my sights remain perfectly on target--like a rock. When dry firing with the pad, there is a slight side-to-side jiggle of the sights. It's 100% repeatable, and it's been this way for years.

On a full-size gun, optimally, the trigger finger should extend along the side of the gun. But on the P380, the distance between the back of the grip and the trigger is so short, that to get the pad of my finger on the trigger, my finger needs to bend outward, away from the gun. The gap between my finger and the frame is about 1/2". This gap diminishes the stability of my grip on the gun, and results in reduced accuracy.

So I guess the takeaway should be that if you have a gun that its grossly mis-sized for your hands... or your hands are grossly mis-sized... it might be a good idea to completely reevaluate your grip on the gun.