CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little late checking in this morning.

Sorry about your loss bawanna.. Seems like just a short time ago when you first posted about getting her. Like many others here had to bury a few pets myself over the years. Not easy i know. They always seem to find a way into your heart like no person ever can. Maybe it's just that unconditional love they seem to have for us.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Sorry to hear about your dog. Like most on here, I have buried a number of pets over the years. First one was when I was about 4 or 5 helping my dad bury our family dog. Last one was about 7 years ago, our German Shepard who was around 13. Many in between. We have a very healthy and active mutt right now that is almost 7 years old. Not looking forward to when that day comes, but we enjoy life together every day.

As much as it hurts to lose a best friend who happens to have four legs and a tail, I can't imagine not having a dog in my life. Each time we lose one I swear I'll never get another. Within a year we always have a new member of the family.

My wife recently suggested that after our two dogs are gone we don’t get any more. I was dumbstruck by the request and just kinda stared at her.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Ah man! That’s the tough stuff right there. Sorry to hear of it Colonel.
    As others said, some better feeling can be had just knowing what a great life she had with you by her side!!!

Lol! Just read the last part of your post. Somehow missed it when I first looked. Man you sure can be funny sometimes. But not all the times. I still think the mattress tag thing was down right nefarious!

I'm just never gonna live down that mattress tag thing huh?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm just never gonna live down that mattress tag thing huh?
    Maybe in time. I’m getting forgetful as of late. Wife said I was supposed to do some yard work today, but not sure how I forgot that!

So so sorry boss, we have them for such a short time and damn it hurts so bad when they go…….Wife is starting to talk about getting another dog because our kids can’t seem to figure out how to make her a grandchild…….Last dog we had was a black Lab/Chow mix named Bo we got from the shelter…..He was the best dog ever but July 13 2006 our house caught fire and burned and thankfully everyone that was home that awful day got out ok except for Bo who hid under our bed…….The firemen were so great and risked injury to go into the house and find him and bring him out……….I was afraid he was burned but it was the smoke that got him and he looked like he was just asleep…….It still hurts………..Maybe it’s time to adopt another one, we ain’t getting any younger and there’s plenty of good dogs out there looking for a forever home……

Sorry, Colonel, I know how you feel. I rescued a four week old kitten that had been turned out over twenty years ago. She died last year and I still feel it.
    After I took her in, she was never outside except when I moved in 2003. Even then, I took her to the vet the night before for her shots and then to the new house after the move. I knew that the end was near on a Sunday afternoon and I held her on my lap for four and 1/2 hours. she was still purring when she took her last breath.

This says it all....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!