Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: Chance to get a very big knife cheap.

Default Chance to get a very big knife cheap.

I help out a very sweet lady from Nepal who owns Himalayan Imports. They make mostly Khukri's but have kind of branched out and make other knives now as well. She is from Nepal and live in Reno. The knives are made in the traditional manner in Nepal in very primitive conditions. They are then sent to her in Reno where she sells them. I help with her forum a bit and repair a handle or fix up a handle now and then. She's sent me lots of knives in return.

Anyhow not sure I'm even allowed but I'm posting a link to an auction for a 40'' what they call a Sirupati. Times are very tough now in Nepal with a corrupt government, class feuds, and poor economy of course on top of the Covid BS.
    The lady "Yangdu" is dedicated to taking care of her workers called Kami's. Their version of our blacksmith. The work they turn out and how they make it is nothing short of amazing.

Anyhow here's a link to the raffle. Feel free to visit her website. It's under Bladeforums.com and then look for Himilayan imports under manufacturers. The pictures are of her father who I have also met in Reno, really awesome people, met her sisters also, very nice each and everyone.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...affle.1869393/

Incidently this is another addiction bestowed on my by our very own GB Greg who we haven't heard from in a bit. I better check up on him, probably time for a new addiction.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

WOW.....now that is a knife!

https://youtu.be/rne8pOxGuwM
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

It's a pretty... knife. But I can't see myself having a need for such a thing, other than to take up room in the corner of a closet. Does she sell more conveniently sized knives? Point me to a web page or something. There was a dude in Vietnam who made knives using crude methods... and the results were also crude. I asked him if he'd sell me one, but he couldn't figure out how to ship it.

Oh yeah, they make all kinds and sizes. You should be able to access through that same address.

It's bladeforums.com, then look for Himilayan Imports. Some very nice knives come out of Viet Nam.

These knives are not crude at all, quite high quality all things considered. The kami's are trained in family and techniques etc passed down for generations. Perusing the website there's some photo's of them at work and history and stuff.
    Their preferred metal is Mercede's Truck spring, followed by Volvo and foreign car springs.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here's a few smaller knives that I've worked on the handles, put antler on several, checkered a bunch.

Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan