Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kydex IWB For P9

Default Kydex IWB For P9

If this was covered here I missed it in my searches...

Anyone use a kydex IWB for their P9? I seem to be having problems finding one. Something akin to this Dara...

I don't have a P9 but I use a Garrett Silent Thunder. It's leather lined kydex. Great holsters and good people. Gentle and quiet on the gun finish, perfect fit, excellent retention. They make holsters for everything.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

LightTuck™ Kydex IWB Holster | Vedder Holsters

I have one of these for my CW40 and they also make it for the P9. Much like Bawanna said about Garrett, the Vedder folks are good people and they make great holsters. They offer other options besides the LightTuck for IWB, but it's what I have and what I'll order again.

Bawanna & Ken L, thanks and they both look like nice holsters. I will have to peruse their websites. Right now I'm cookin' in the kitchen...

Honestly, most of my kydex holsters come from eBay. Anytime I get a new gun that could potentially move into the carry rotation, I hit eBay and find a cheap kydex holster similar to the one you posted for $20-30. Here are two recent eBay purchases. They were ~$25-ish each. The Taurus GX4 holster originally came with a plastic clip. I added the metal DCC clip shortly after getting it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Hey DG, would you mind telling us where you found that DCC clip? I mod holsters as needed/preferred also. I like that one.

Also, +1 on the Garrett Holsters that Colonel mentioned. I have one for my P239.

Quote Originally Posted by DGladden View Post
    Honestly, most of my kydex holsters come from eBay. Anytime I get a new gun that could potentially move into the carry rotation, I hit eBay and find a cheap kydex holster similar to the one you posted for $20-30. Here are two recent eBay purchases. They were ~$25-ish each. The Taurus GX4 holster originally came with a plastic clip. I added the metal DCC clip shortly after getting it.

Yep Ebay holsters for me too, OWB though.
    The last 2 I bought were $21 each, I have had to file the edges smooth, etc. but I enjoy doing that instead of paying 2x or 3x more.

IWB Kydex : iwb kahr cw9: Search Result | eBay
    or
    Infused Kydex | eBay Stores
    use the search for other holsters

I've bought some hybrid (leather/kydex) OWB rigs too.
    Here: Holster Express | eBay Stores
    Use the search here too.
    This store is "closed" until May 1st: OWB Kydex/Leather Hybrid Holster with adjustable retention for H&K | eBay
    jmo,
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Hey DG, would you mind telling us where you found that DCC clip? I mod holsters as needed/preferred also. I like that one.

Also, +1 on the Garrett Holsters that Colonel mentioned. I have one for my P239.
    Absolutely! I ordered it direct from Discreet Carry Concepts. I have their clips on most of my holsters.

https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/

Thanks for the tips fellas.

DGladden where on Ebay did you get those holsters?

Not to turn the thread but are the CW9 and P9 essentially the same size pistol? I looked for a size chart and found nothing that matched the P9 exactly (ref chart below), so I assumed the (molded) holster fit had to be specifically for a P9. FYI, I'm new to Kahr pistols.

Length Height Width Weight
    Kahr P9 6.3 in 5 in 0.9 in 16.9 oz
    Kahr CW9 5.9 in 4.5 in 0.9 in 17.7 oz

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    Thanks for the tips fellas.

DGladden where on Ebay did you get those holsters?

Not to turn the thread but are the CW9 and P9 essentially the same size pistol? I looked for a size chart and found nothing that matched the P9 exactly (ref chart below), so I assumed the (molded) holster fit had to be specifically for a P9. FYI, I'm new to Kahr pistols.

Length Height Width Weight
    Kahr P9 6.3 in 5 in 0.9 in 16.9 oz
    Kahr CW9 5.9 in 4.5 in 0.9 in 17.7 oz
    The G43 holster was a seller named "roccofire147" and the GX4 was from "randrholsters". Both sellers were great to deal with.