Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just me?????

Default Just me?????

You're the owner of a firearms store. A kid who just turned 18 comes in and buys a Daniels Defense AR and some ammo. Then he comes in a couple days later and buys another AR plus lots more ammo. These aren't cheap AR's. Considering the area and age of the kid, and even though everything was legal, wouldn't this raise some red flags with you, the owner? This kid didn't buy this stuff with a paper route. Where was the gun store owner with this? No common sense? No red flags? If it were me, I'd be asking some questions and my spidey senses would be at full tilt. WTF? I could have been a broke store owner and I still wouldn't have sold him any of that firepower, legal or not. Sometimes common sense has to come in to play.

Maybe the store owner could take notes, but you can’t refuse a legal sale.

But, do we know he bought them at a store?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

That's where I stray from the pack. I feel if it's my store gun shop or otherwise I can refuse service or sale to anyone.
    Like the baker that didn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding. I got no problem with that, go someplace else.
    The Barber that refused to cut hair on an HIV person, ok with me. Maybe he didn't understand if there was a risk or not but no matter, it's his shop.
    Any reason at all, I don't like you, get out of my shop.
    Unfortunately now days you refuse its because they are black, white, Korean, Gay, Lisbian, Tranny, etc. And since it goes in both directions I'm ok with that too. If the owner is really racists he won't last long in business and I'm ok with that too.
    In this case there are a billion time more 18 year olds who loved guns from birth, just waiting to hit 18 so they could buy one. Personally I'm rather proud of my profiling skills which of course I wasn't allowed to use during my employment. I probably would be the broke gun shop owner too as I'd probably refuse a lot of sales, plus wanting to keep them all for myself. Just wouldn't work.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Maybe the store owner could take notes, but you can’t refuse a legal sale.

But, do we know he bought them at a store?
    Plus the store owner has to call or mail in for a back ground check. If the guy gets by the profiling and the check comes back ok, then he's really got no reason to refuse the sale. It's really hard to pinpoint these nut cakes, I've heard we're all nut cakes, just right on the line to slip over at any moment. Good versus evil is determined by those able to stay on the right side of the line.
    They'll probably crucify the cop that shot him since he wasn't breast fed as a child and the head cheerleader wouldn't go out with him. The world we live in.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don’t disagree with refusing service to obvious nutjobs. It’s the closet nutjobs we gotta worry about. Plus, I can imagine going into Biden Gun ‘n Pawn and wanting to buy an AR15, and the owner says, “What in God’s name do you need an assault weapon for except to kill someone? Get out!”

If more people carried this most likely would not of happened. The people in the position to protect the kids dropped the ball here.
    Employee of school propping open a security door! The police not doing their job of "protect and serve" waiting for SWAT when an active shooter is in school shooting!
    Hopefully people will lose their jobs and pensions over this, lives could of been saved. As a former leo, I feel their actions were not acceptable! We can not blame the gun.
    I do wonder how the kid could afford what he had???? Was he a pawn?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

How could he afford it? Maybe he used a credit card. Lots of people buy things they can’t afford using credit. Most of the young people driving BMWs can’t afford them. I bet there are people spending a lot of money on guns while complaining they can’t afford health insurance.

Buying stuff you can’t afford is the American way.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I still can’t comprehend waiting to go in. There are news stories of parents trying to go in and being handcuffed or tazed. I hope those are fake stories, otherwise Houston, we have a problem.

The background check is supposed to eliminate the need for a subjective determination made by the gun store owner. Obviously that’s not working. We have no idea how many times a tragedy was averted because a gun store refused to make a sale. We only know it didn’t happen here.

Relying on a gun store owner to make a subjective determination or blaming a gun store owner who made a sale may open up gun store owners to lawsuits. Doing that is for all intents and purposes a weapons ban. We need to be very careful about blaming store owners who make legal sales.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I still can’t comprehend waiting to go in. There are news stories of parents trying to go in and being handcuffed or tazed. I hope those are fake stories, otherwise Houston, we have a problem.
    I feel the same way. I thought I read somewhere that they didn’t have the necessary tools to breach a steel outward opening door.