Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: May mischievousness

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Ouch! Did you squeal like a pig?
    I don’t even want to eat any bacon now.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

That’s pretty spendy for ammo but look at it this way, when Uncle Slow’s economy tanks and it will after a few more Fed interest rate increases so at least you will have something to trade for bacon, eggs and baby formula if your grand babies are hungry…….I think we are in for some hard times very soon so stocking up on any reasonably priced ammo is a good idea because Uncle Slow keeps writing checks we can’t cash like another $40 billion to Ukraine which is basically a money laundering scheme because who really knows where that money will end up…….This Country is in serious trouble because we basically have an Alzheimer’s patient in control who only says what his handlers allow him to like what I heard recently when he said “The economy is in better shape now than it was under the last five administrations”…………..Buy Ammo!

Hopefully we won’t look back on 2022 and say darn I wish I’d bought .357 at $42 a box.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I managed to pick up a few boxes of Fiocchi .357 practice ammo on GB for 23 cents a round last month. It seems to be the best priced ammo lately. I don't use it in my auto's but fine for revolvers. If you keep your eyes open, you can find the occasional deal. I use the term deal loosely.

That's $11.50 for a box of 50! That was a great deal 3 years ago! OTOH, how much was shipping?

If I add in the shipping, it's basically .33 cents a round. Shipping was $9.99. Got lucky...............I purchased some Ranger 165 gr. .40 cal jhp's a few months back for $15 a box. It's all in the timing............

FYI.........Someone on GB has Fiocchi practice .357..........200 rds. $123.99, which isn't bad for these times. $20 for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Hopefully we won’t look back on 2022 and say darn I wish I’d bought .357 at $42 a box.
    I am glad I bought this .327 for $21.99/box before the pandemic hit…
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I don't get out much but trekked with the wife to the big city to a sporting goods store I never been too. Never seen so many fish hooks in one place. Usually good from reports on guns and prices. One of them where they got all the pistols hanging on the wall too far away to see good, and can't really see prices. Didn't buy no guns but did scoop up some 9mm Blazer Brass to play with.
    19 bucks a box with no Preparation H but I figured I'm there and have a few 9's I want to play with on vacation so what the heck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ha, I went to Academy this evening and saw more 9mm than I’ve seen in years. About $20/box. They had WWB .45ACP in 100 round boxes and I grabbed one, plus a 500 round box of Aguila .22 LR. Just one of each, since I left my Kentucky Jelly at home. $64 for the .45.

If only I could learn to like 9mm, my ammo angst would be lifting.