Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr ten round magazines in 9mm pistols

Question Kahr ten round magazines in 9mm pistols

I discovered recently, that Kahr began producing ten round magazines. I believe, that this was done in response, to some of other new guns in recent years, from Sig Sauer and Springfield Armory. (P365/ Hellcat) Those two guns,of course, have ten and eleven round magazines. I think Kahr, with It's ten round magazines have kept up with the competition, instead of bringing in a new Kahr pistol, with a larger magazine capcity. A slightly longer magazine, simply keeps the slimness of Kahr's single stack intact. I hope this jump starts a renewed interest in Kahr pistols. Kahr really needs to market better. Something must be working, as the ten round magazines are out of stock, even though, they are expensive. What do you all think? Am I right?

I think your probably right. The higher cap mag and keeping it 10 rounds so even the draconian states like mine are still legal is a good option. Everybody want's to take a small compact pistol, yet expect duty pistol capacity and operation.
    Granted Sig and Springfield have achieved a nice thing with their offerings.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Kahr ten round magazines in 9mm pistols

I haven’t seen a picture but I’d think a CM9 with a 10 round mag hanging out of the grip would look hideous.

Out of stock? More likely they never actually made them.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Kahrs are made for concealed carry. There is nothing concealable about a 10 round single stack magazine. If kahr actually wanted to respond to and compete with the new micro 9’s they would do some R&d and actually put out a new product, instead of just giving their same old products a different shade of lipstick year after year.

Guess that's kind of my point, they are made for concealed carry and work well in that capacity. Hi Cap mags, red dots, lasers and flashlights hanging on them defeats the whole purpose.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Kahr ten round magazines in 9mm pistols

Trading in my 365 …

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Well you gotta admit, they'd make a pretty darn good spare.

I didn’t mean to rag too hard on kahr. I own 3 and they are great guns for what they are. As dao said, the 10 rounders would be good for a spare orange time. As Davidr hilariously pointed out a 10 round kahr can not be compared to a 10 round p365.

I am perfectly happy with my PM9 as a ccw weapon even though it only holds 7 rounds of good 9mm ammo, I always carry a 6 round spare in my back pocket which should be more than enough to take care of a situation…..Your best weapon is to always be aware of what’s going around you at all times and not get lazy or distracted because when bad things happen it comes fast and I would rather have a slick, fast reliable PM9 that I can draw and shoot well rather than the newest micro 12 round pistol with a laser and red dot that I couldn’t find the button to turn on before I was being stabbed in the neck and then carjacked……..High tech and high cap pistols have a place in todays world but situational awareness and being smooth, fast and decisive always wins over how cool your pistol looks and how many bullets it holds…….

^^^There's wisdom in that there reply....but I like having cool looking guns that hold either a lot of bullets or several big boollets AND being situationally aware

But seriously I don't own a gun that would be better for me sitting in my safe. I feel safer carrying any of my Kahrs than I do with nothing in my hand other than my wallet.