Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr K Series Custom Grip Order from Hogue!!! Yep

Default Kahr K Series Custom Grip Order from Hogue!!! Yep

Hey folks, I’m putting together something that I think you guys and gals will like. As you know, Hogue Grips provides the factory wood grips for the K series. I’ve spoken with Neil Hogue, and based on demand he is willing to put together a special run of wood grips for those of us who have been wanting to dress up our Ks with little to no aftermarket support. I wanted to start drumming up interest now but I’m still waiting to hear from them on what they will consider as a minimum run and what the cost will be. I’ve done this before on the Beretta Forum about 15 years ago with a great deal of success.

I would also like to convince them to do a run of Alumagrips for the K series but that would take a larger minimum order for sure as the programming involved is more difficult. The price point would certainly be higher.

All payments would go directly to Hogue to prevent any confusion and eliminate any trust issues since you don’t know me. I am not a Hogue employee and don’t represent them directly. I’m just working on filling a little niche that seems to have been overlooked in the aftermarket community for decades.

Please comment in the thread if you’re interested and how many sets of grips you would be interested in. As soon as I know I will update with info on minimum order required, grip options, price point, etc.

Thanks and respectfully,

TacTeacher
    Kahr K9, P9
    NRA Life Member, Pistol/Shotgun Instructor
    "TOUJOURS PRET": French family motto meaning "Always Ready"
    "A Gair Duw Yn Ucha": Gaelic/Scottish family motto meaning "God Before All Others"

I would be interested in a set of the wood grips, minus the "K" if possible, for my K40.

I'd be interested in the price for a set of MK9 or K9 grips.

Well, for those who don't mind the same grips that Hogue provides to Kahr, is there some reason why you don't want to pay $58 from Kahr?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Considering what it takes to make a set of Kahr grips, 60 bucks is a gift price. Hogue of course no doubt uses CNC machines to punch them out rapidly but with wood cost etc still a good price.

I've often wished I could just buy a plain fitted unfinished set of K or MK grips so I could check or inlay or whatever I want to do without spending a near full days just fitting them to the gun.

I'm interested in what the numbers come back at and minimum order run. Could be a really good thing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Well, for those who don't mind the same grips that Hogue provides to Kahr, is there some reason why you don't want to pay $58 from Kahr?
    Personally, I don’t like the “K” on the grips.
    Kahr K9, P9
    "A Gair Duw Yn Ucha": Gaelic/Scottish family motto meaning "God Before All Others"

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Considering what it takes to make a set of Kahr grips, 60 bucks is a gift price. Hogue of course no doubt uses CNC machines to punch them out rapidly but with wood cost etc still a good price.

I've often wished I could just buy a plain fitted unfinished set of K or MK grips so I could check or inlay or whatever I want to do without spending a near full days just fitting them to the gun.

I'm interested in what the numbers come back at and minimum order run. Could be a really good thing.
    Good to see you are still around! I think we might be able to get a good price. Will know more tomorrow probably.
    Kahr K9, P9

Quote Originally Posted by TacTeacher View Post
    Good to see you are still around! I think we might be able to get a good price. Will know more tomorrow probably.
    You go by a different handle earlier? I'm not remembering a TacTeacher. Course there's lots of things I don't remember these days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'd be interested in a set to fit a K9.

I continue to be extremely pleased with my Kahr-branded Hogue grips: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...667#post411667.

rx7sig