Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr K Series Custom Grip Order from Hogue!!! Yep

Still working with Hogue to get minimum number, etc. I will post pics of options as soon as I figure out how to do so.
    Kahr K9, P9
    NRA Life Member, Pistol/Shotgun Instructor
    "TOUJOURS PRET": French family motto meaning "Always Ready"
    "A Gair Duw Yn Ucha": Gaelic/Scottish family motto meaning "God Before All Others"

Bawanna,

I just remember you from years back. I was more of a lurker than an active participant.
    Kahr K9, P9
    NRA Life Member, Pistol/Shotgun Instructor
    "TOUJOURS PRET": French family motto meaning "Always Ready"
    "A Gair Duw Yn Ucha": Gaelic/Scottish family motto meaning "God Before All Others"

Quote Originally Posted by TacTeacher View Post
    Personally, I don’t like the “K” on the grips.
    This. I don't know how grippy the un-checked wood is, but that's what looks best on the MKs, imho - wood grain, no check, no k

I could go either way, K or not. But for a defensive handgun I want a sure grip. Never know when water or even blood might be present to compromise your grip. Though I do also like the looks of an uncheckered grip, sometimes better than checkering depending on the gun and the grip combo. It's great to have choices, and given the chance to grab a set of nice grips from Hogue for a good price I wouldn't mind equipping my MK40 with a set.

It all depends on the wood. Sometimes checkering hardly shows up at all, other times it takes away from the grain pattern and beauty of the wood.
    When I don't checker I just put a strip of skate board tape, I like the rubbery kind, not the gritty stuff on the front strap.
    Provides the desired good grip and one can leave the wood smooth and pretty.

I got some research to do, I made a set on my K40 and then went to put them on my K9 and they don't fit for beans. I spent a couple hours yesterday doing fine tuning and still not happy. Never had that issue before, the research continues. They are both early versions and I think I've swapped grips on them before, maybe it was a full moon or something????

I'd also like to see Hogue make the original soft flexible rubber grips like they used to on the early models. Kind of like the overmold stocks they made. I'm a wood guy but for all practical purposes, those who don't care for looks or beauty of natural "real" wood, they are the best thing going. It's sacrilege but I might just put them back on my K9, maybe get some respect out of the wood.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

A nice walnut grip similar to the beautiful Nill grips would be nice on a K9. I'm not sure they would replace the CT laser grips though. I'd have to think about it.

Great idea and I appreciate your initiative.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

This sounds like something I could be interested in. I have a large hand, would the Hogue Grips be thicker (in panel width) than the Kahr wood grips or would they be the same thickness... less the "K" emblem?

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofID View Post
    This sounds like something I could be interested in. I have a large hand, would the Hogue Grips be thicker (in panel width) than the Kahr wood grips or would they be the same thickness... less the "K" emblem?
    The Kahr wood grips are made by Hogue so pretty much the same thing. Hogue may offer the grips without the K, I'm not certain about that. Looking at the Kahr site which I haven't done in a long time I noticed what they called soft rubber grips, like the early K and MK models or at least they look like that. If they are what I think they are that's a good thing. Much as I like wood the early soft rubber grips were far better than the harder tupperware grips on the later models.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Looking at the Kahr site which I haven't done in a long time I noticed what they called soft rubber grips, like the early K and MK models or at least they look like that.
    Sent me scurrying to the Kahr site - would welcome k-style grips for mk, pm, cw - but I could find them only for Magnum Research.

K and MK could happen, the rest are tupperware frames with no removable grips. Years ago I had a get rich scheme of making wood panels for a Glock to improve the asthetics and provide some personality. Decided it just wasn't feasible.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan