Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: .................................

Default .................................

This is the windiest spring I can remember in a while in my area. I shoot in my back yard, into a couple dead 45 ft. oak trees. Well, because of the winds, we have a slew of trees down. My shooting trees started making me nervous because they were leaning towards my poop field. So, the other day, I had them taken down and chunked. Now, I have to figure out how I'm going to stack them to remake my new shooting area. It's surprising how dead a tree can look, but how tough they still are on the inside. I found a couple chunks that we had been shooting in to. It was interesting to see. I dug out some of the .380 and .38 rounds pretty much intact. They had gone in about 5 in. until they hit harder wood, then stopped. I couldn't find any of my .40 cal. or .357 without having to chop up the piece to try to find them.

Better now than later when it would probably be a bigger chore to cut up.

I finally decided to divide up my ammo stash to distribute much of it to my two sons who are shooters. Better now than later.
    This is what they splitů. ,38 Special, .357 magnum, .9mm, .380, and a couple of bricks of .22 lr :

(Already gave them all my .45acp, .44 magums, .30-06, and .30-30l
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

This is what I kept (plus 14 boxes of .327 magnum).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Is it too late to consider adoption, I'm still up for grabs.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."