Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing things up a little

Default Changing things up a little

I’ve been really happy with my CM9 but decided a little longer grip would be nice. Instead of simply getting a CW9, I found a great deal on a CW40. Then gun should be at my FFL about Wednesday & I’m excited to try it out.
    By the way, the deal is at Battle Hawk Armory, $257 for a blem. Seriously, how could I pass that up?

Sounds like a bargain to me. Enjoy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That’s the kind of deal I consider too good to pass up. Congrats on your new one! : )

Got the pistol a day early! Never had a .40 before; makes the 9mm look pretty small!

Congrats!

Thanks!
    Can’t wait to take it to the range. I’m doing the new Kahr prep now. I noticed the magazine follower sticks about halfway down and won’t return to the top on its own. I’ve already got a spare mag on the way. I’ll use a dowel or something to work the follower up and down a few times to see if that frees things up before I take it apart. I’d hate to spend range time fussing with a mag.

Don't mess around, take it apart, it's easy. Solvent the heck out of it, scrub it good. I then oil it and wipe all the oil off. Take the time to clean the spring and follower as well.
    I got a couple new, unused mags awhile back and they were like covered in glue. Sticky and not working smooth. A few minutes cleaning and the run like eggs thru a chicken. Not sure we can say Hen these days, might be offensive and lord knows I don't want to go there.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hen as in egg laying fowl?
    Had to have a thick skin in my family. Getting offended would get you picked on. By mom usually.
    I’ll get that mag cleaned up!

AHA!
    The follower is broken!

Perfect time to replace it with a Lakeline aluminum one. Metal Magazine Follower for .40 S&W Kahr™ (lakelinellc.com)

I broke a follower in one of my CW40 mags, so I replaced all of them with Lakeline followers. No issues since.