Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing things up a little

Great tip! Thank you! Just ordered a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got a couple new, unused mags awhile back and they were like covered in glue. Sticky and not working smooth

Hope those were not the one’s I sent you. I swear I did not dip them in Elmer’s!

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeyNE View Post
    Great tip! Thank you! Just ordered a couple.
    I think you are going to love them! Pretty trick little followers. I wish they were not hidden away inside the mags. I’d polish ‘em up and show ‘em off if not!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post

Hope those were not the one’s I sent you. I swear I did not dip them in Elmer’s!
    They were but they were obviously brand spanking new but apparently has sat around a long time. I've heard of that before and even some guns that have been on the shelf a long time are gummed up when the grease breaks down.
    They cleaned up easy peasy and I even did a little polish on them like I normally do so no worries.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Lakeline followers showed up today. Hoping to try this pistol out tomorrow. According to the info that came with the followers, the 40s tend to flex more than other calibers and tend to break more plastic followers. Is this flexing going to cause the pistol to have a short lifespan (as compared to other calibers)?

Probably not, doubtful that you'll ever shoot it enough to wear it out. Only issue that seems to center on the 40 is the mag followers.

You should be fine. This was a brand new gun when you bought it? Wonder how the follower got broken in the first place?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yes, brand new. Looks like a typical new Kahr.

Sounds like the one or two rounds of factory test fire must have broken it. If that’s the case, the follower must really be slamming into the feed ramp.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Too much spring pressure?

I think it's more a case of the feed ramp being a bit long. For awhile there was a lot of talk about a rampectomy.

If you find your follower taking a beating we may need to revisit that. It just involved removing a bit at the back of the chamber/feed ramp area, or a trip back to Kahr might be in order for those who don't like grinding on their guns.

As I recall it doesn't take much although I never had to do it first hand so keep that in mind.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan