Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kydex Avenger Style Holster?

Default Kydex Avenger Style Holster?

Does anyone know of someone who makes a kydex, OWB, zero or neutral cant, Avenger style, i.e. belt loop and trailing-slot style, holster? That’s including the slide or scabbard types. I cannot seem to find one. For any pistols, not just Kahr?

As an example, here's Galco's Avenger scabbard and Don Hume's JIT belt slide.

You could try Muddy River Tactical............no stick in the fire and no guarantees....................

I've never seen one myself. I think the kydex being stiff enough they probably don't figure it needs the trailing loop although it would add stability.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'll nosy around Muddy River Tactical, berettabone, and see what they have. Thanks.

Bawanna, I'm under the impression that the belt loop and trailing-slot design was not only for stability, but also to somewhat pull in the butt of the pistol.

Interestingly, Col. Charles Askins Jr. didn't invent the holster style. IIRC, Bruce Nelson did, but I could be wrong. He may have been working for Milt Sparks at the time. John Bianchi's version was developed with input from the Colonel. Thus his name being added to the design, of course, marketing had nothing to do with it . The Nelson's original version and Bianchi's both had, what is erroneously called, an FBI cant. Bianchi's added a rather unique, detachable, thumb strap, which hooked over the hammer. This was the Colonel's idea for sure. I may have some of this mixed up because it was many, many, moons ago (70s?) that I last read up on it, so don't quote me. I do know for a fact that it was developed for the 1911 pistol and with concealed carry in mind.

I use the JIT holster for my revolver. Really like the style, the closeness to the body, and you have a full grip when drawing. Been using one for years. I can see why you like the design. I don't think I'd like it in kydex though. Maybe you could try a Yaqui type of slide holster. I use one for my semi auto and like that design also, and they're cheap enough if it doesn't fit your needs.

I hear ya, the JIT was my holster for my .38 snub for years, also for my PPK/s. I remember when the Yaqui Slide was all the rage in the 70s due to Jeff Cooper. I was carrying my Colt Government Model then and though abut one but it made me nervous.

I never much cared for the Yaqui Slide myself, just didn't like so much of the gun exposed and worried about the front sight hanging up on the holster on the way out. I like my guns and wanted them a little more protected.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it, Bawanna. Plus, depending upon the chair, while sitting down the pistol can get pushed up out of the holster. This happened to me, but I felt it occurring, on our lawn/porch chairs. They're not the widest, have arms, and I'm 6'4" and run in the low 230s. It was my E-Gat with my P9. It didn't fall out but started to push up. I've learned to hug the left side more while sitting. At the time, I even thought "how many times does this happen to guys who wear a Yaqui Slide and a 1911?" Like everything else, they'll work well for some, it all depends upon one's circumstances.

Supposedly this company will build your request. I saw this hybrid holster and like it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/104849497564706790/

Good morning King Rat. Thanks, I'll contact them and see what they say.