Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kydex Avenger Style Holster?

Maybe it's just me, but I've never had an issue with either type of holster. I've never had a firearm push up out of the holster. You do need to wipe your firearm down more often because of body sweat, but you should be doing that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I've never had an issue with either type of holster. I've never had a firearm push up out of the holster. You do need to wipe your firearm down more often because of body sweat, but you should be doing that anyway.
    Mine did push up but not out. You did lose me with the body sweat, these are OWB holsters we're talking about or did I miss something (that's very possible, ask my wife).

I am also looking for more holsters. As I mentioned, I like minimalist OWB. I came across this Alabama holster and it seems like a good Kydex. I have never had luck with OWB kydex, most to not seem to ride close to the body etc. But I think this one needs a good look.

King Rat, this fellow does excellent work, IMO. I was not a kydex guy but I tried one of his OWB holsters and single mag carrier for my Glock 19 and love it. Of course, "We are temporarily closing for maintenance and upgrades! The website will re-open on June 1" However, here's the link anyway. Forged Tec Holsters. BTW, he's a one-man operation and his fit selection is limited. Sadly, he doesn't make any for Kahr pistols currently.

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    Mine did push up but not out. You did lose me with the body sweat, these are OWB holsters we're talking about or did I miss something (that's very possible, ask my wife).
    In the warmer months, I wear a t-shirt over the holster. My revolver has picked up some rust from sweat on the exposed part of the gun.

Oh, okay. I see where you're coming from. One thing I did was to pick up some sleeveless undershirts. Just the cheap, thin, ones, nothing heavy or fancy. These fit very snug to the body. I wear one under my T-shirt. The IWB setup rides against that and it’s very comfortable. I’m not an IWB fan at all. However, in the warm but very humid summers we get up here, IWB allows me an 8-shot 9mm and spare mag instead of a 7-shot .380 in my pocket. Just a suggestion.

I have carried IWB and AIWB in the past. Didn't like it much. I'm in a state where open carry is legal, which I don't do very often, but OWB is more comfortable, and I really don't worry about any printing. I keep my firearms coated with Renaissance wax. Mainly an issue in the summer. By the way, we live in the same county.

By the way, we live in the same county.
    Yep, I recall. We need to discuss that privately sometime, neighbor .

I agree with you on IWB carry. It seems to be very popular but I have to wonder how many carry IWB every day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    Yep, I recall. We need to discuss that privately sometime, neighbor .

I agree with you on IWB carry. It seems to be very popular but I have to wonder how many carry IWB every day, all day.
    I do every day, every waking moment, any time I'm wearing pants. A commander 1911 in a Garrett Silent Thunder. When I was working the PM45 rode in an ankle holster as I wasn't allowed to wear a gun in the office, so the 1911 went in my safe at the desk and kept the PM45 out of sight. Liabilities once again. I was the armorer with access to 15 Glocks, 20 or so AR's and thousands of rounds of ammo all under my key to issue. First chief had no issue, second chief said I could deal with they guns (my job) or the ammo (also my job) but not both at the same time. He wasn't a good chief.

I used to also hate IWB, just didn't work. But I played with the cant a bit, got pants that fit properly with or without the holster and suddenly it all came together. It's funny though I'd love to carry my full size 5 inchers, especially my Wilson but that extra half inch of barrel makes a world of difference. I'm still playing with it. Being a full time sitter has it's down falls but I'll figure it out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sounds like the Wilson needs a lined shoulder holster.