Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new

Thread: Mag question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mag question

Hello! I'm new here. I have been drooling over the Thompsons for a long time and am now able to buy one. My problem is I live in Washington state. As of July 1st of this year 10 round magazines are all that are allowed in new firearm purchases. So, I have already bought 30 round magazines with the intention of purchasing a Thompson. Now, my question. Will my 30 round mags still work in a new Thompson that will only come with a 10 round mag? Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by badman2112 View Post
    Hello! I'm new here. I have been drooling over the Thompsons for a long time and am now able to buy one. My problem is I live in Washington state. As of July 1st of this year 10 round magazines are all that are allowed in new firearm purchases. So, I have already bought 30 round magazines with the intention of purchasing a Thompson. Now, my question. Will my 30 round mags still work in a new Thompson that will only come with a 10 round mag? Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.
    They should, the latch up will be the same. Did you get Kahr mags or Original GI mags.
    If you got GI mags I suggest modifying the mag disconnect latch rather than elongating the magazine hole. That's what Kahr does for some reason. The GI mags are no longer made and getting fewer and fewer, so I'd leave them as they are if at all possible.

It will really be exciting to have 10 round drums. I was fortunate to get a 50rd drum with mine, but the sticks seem to work better and sure help with the already massive weight of the old Chicago Piano.

What part of Inslee's kingdom do you reside in? And note that there are already appeals underway to do away with the 10 round ban AGAIN.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for the info on the mags. The ones I bought are from Magwarehouse. I'm guessing they should work just fine. The 10 round drums would be a cool feature alright, but the 50s would be awesome. I am planning a move from the Communist controlled state of Washington, the Puget Sound area to be exact, to a more firearm friendly environment. Most likely Wyoming or South Dakota. Washington is a beautiful place, but the politics are way out of control.

Thanks again for your input.

I'm in Monroe so kind of in the Puget Sound region. I'd like to see Idaho annex Eastern Washington, the "Right" side of the state. I'd move over the hill in a heart beat. We also would like to move to Wyoming, daughters family bought 160 acres in Montana. It's late in the game for us so not sure a move will work but we might try.
    There's at least 7 old co workers from the police department that have moved to Texas, another is moving to Montana I believe, seems to be a trend.
    Are the holes for the mag catch on the GunMagWarehouse mags round or kind of oblong?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."