Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just me?????

Question is now, were any additional kids killed after they were told to stand down? The answer to that may be something that could make the lives involved a living hell for their remaining time on earth. Even if they were obediently following orders as they are trained and required to do. Not the same as losing a child yet still terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Liability… I expect that department is going to get sued out of existence for their obsession with avoiding liability.

Only problem there is suing department is SUING THEMSELVES. Government has very deep pockets when it isn't their money.
    All the cops that were there and did not attempt to save kids needs to be FIRED and lose pensions and all benefits.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Chances are if everything worked out and they disobeyed orders they would be hero's and no problem. If one little thing went wrong and a kid was hit by a cop or any other bad thing, they would be fired and lose their pension anyhow. It seems insane that they would be fired now for following orders. The commander and the chief perhaps deserve to be fired but again we don't know all the many little details.
    I'm sure it's just like the interview above, they wanted to go in, they were pissed that they couldn't go in.
    Somebody not even there and not fully aware of the circumstances made the decision. You see that a lot in police work and others as well. Kind of like our current administration.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

True, it seems to be the new normal in organizational management. I hear about it in other industries too. Outcome be damned, follow the procedures.

Reminds me of The Caine Mutiny.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

We had an incident a few years back at the front desk of the dept. I'm very poor in the hearing dept but all of a sudden several officers ran past my desk in a hurry. Turns out a guy reached across the desk and smacked an officer, knocking off his radio mike and the fight was on. So of course I followed the crowd to see if I could play too. The waiting area was a shambles, chairs knocked over and around and a guy on the floor with about 5 cops on top of him. I went to the door and told a lady with a couple little kids to hang out for a bit, not a good time. The initial officer somehow injured his shoulder so I took his place up near the head. Guy just wouldn't quit, so I went to the feet end and tried to twist one of his legs off, not sure if it was me or one of the other but he finally gave up.
    A while later a Sgt came to my desk and said the commander said that if something like that happened again I was not to go out in the lobby but stay inside with the girls. Didn't even have the balls to tell me direct even though his office was 15 ft from my desk.
    Of course the Sgt knew me and said he didn't expect me to do as requested.
    The commander stood watching and didn't lift a finger.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The commander should stay with the girls, then.

What John said.

I had a middle school principal like that 50 years ago. He hid in his office when a race riot would break out in the hallways.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The more I read about this incident, the more I lose hope in the future, and I’d already lost most hope. Decent law-abiding people can’t even protect their own or other people’s kids without being thwarted by the government. You know the saying, when government fears the people, there’s liberty, when people fear the government there’s tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Maybe the store owner could take notes, but you can’t refuse a legal sale.

But, do we know he bought them at a store?
    Yes, you can refuse a legal sale.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Yes, you can refuse a legal sale.
    For some reasons, but not for skin color, disability, sex, and stuff like that.

I was disgusted to see "non binary" on the 4473 last time I filled one out.