Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr CW9 8 Round Magazine: Why does it have 2 springs and a leather buffer?

I have a good supply of Kahr K9/P9 7 and 8 round mags of various vintage. I've been into all of them. All have a single spring and no leather. Can't imagine that mags for the CW9 would be any different. Somebody's messed with that one.

Definitely one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Absolutely nothing normal about it. Maybe its previous owner went to the Uncle Joe's School of Gunsmithing. He's an expert at smithing and knows things that we've never heard of. Like .22 cals. that will stick in your lung and can be removed but a 9mm will explode your chest. Just some of the tid bits you can learn.................................

Well, I got the Wolff Gunspring for the 8 Round 9mm magazine. It REALLY doesn't want to fit into the mag. It's about 14" long uncompressed. DO you have any pro tips on how to make this work?

You can push the spring down far as you can and stick a pin or screwdriver or something thru the holes in the mag to hold it while you regroup and get a little more. They can be challenging trying to keep them straight. Don't give up.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

(Instructions for a righty)
    Hold the mag upside down vertically in your left hand with the mag top on the table. The front of the mag should be against your palm. Make sure the spring is started with the open end of the winding facing the rear. Work the spring in with your right fingers while pinching the coils at the bottom of the mag with your left. When you get the last coil at the base of the mag, hold that pinch, pick up the liner with your right hand and slide it in place (pin up). Rotate your index finger into the opening and over the liner, and push it down slightly into the mag so that the ends of the lips are not blocked by your finger. Begin sliding the base over the lips. Once you're to that point, you should be able to easily slide the base on as you move your finger out of the way.

Make sure you have safety glasses on before you begin, and don't have your face over the mag. If you slip, parts go flying. If you lay a sheet on the floor under your work area, they'll be easier to find.

Bawana's method is probably more of a sure thing, but that's how I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    I have a good supply of Kahr K9/P9 7 and 8 round mags of various vintage. I've been into all of them. All have a single spring and no leather. Can't imagine that mags for the CW9 would be any different. Somebody's messed with that one.
    Same. I've had dozens of Kahr mags and have never heard of or seen that.