Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .30 Super

Waukesha, Wi had a population of about 30,000 when I was born. It was 70,000 when I left. They built up so much, that now they're going to receive water from Milwaukee after running their aquafers dry and begging for water for years. The last city I lived in was about 100,000. I now live about 160 mi. away from there and it's surprising how such a small distance can make such a large impact. The town I live in now has a population of about 700. The kids look you in the eye when they speak to you. You don't see them texting all of the time. They seem to work hard and play hard. You go to a festival and the younger people aren't causing any problems or acting up or being disrespectful. Most of the people here don't take any crap from anyone. Sure, there's still crime, but not like the city. I needed to leave the city for my own piece of mind. People were really starting to annoy me. I know that some people love the city and I say that's wonderful. I can go out on my deck at any time day or night, and all I hear is birds, coyotes, a dog in the distance, my wind chimes and the breeze blowing through the trees.

Yes, we're going to retire in the Southern Appalachians and it's like you describe. The nearest town is less than 400 people, the county seat. There are some drug related crimes, rural meth I guess, but the local paper shows about 5-10 arrests per week for a county with 11,000 total population. Here, I refuse to go to the county fair because of the feral humans. Up there, I don't think I'd hesitate for a moment to go to the fair or other festivals.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

We have a cabin in Hiawassee Ga right off hwy 76 which we try and get to whenever possible and I think you said y’all were going to settle in Hayesville N.C. which is right across lake Chatuge from our cabin and is in Gods country for sure…..Back in the day when Towns County was dry my brother in law and I would sneak off and head up to Hayesville to pick up beer for the weekend and tell the wives we were looking for fishing spots but they knew what we were up to…….Hiawassee has changed so much in the last 20 years it’s unreal and become so much more big city like with all the Atlanta rich folks buying up all the property and we knew when they built the McDonalds on hwy 76 it was the beginning of the end but it’s still almost crime free, beautiful and God loving, gun toting Americans can still enjoy a good life in the mountains so welcome home neighbor!

Yes, howdy neighbor!

During the time of our discussion, some guy entered the home of a retired Juneau County judge, shot and killed him. They found the guy in the basement with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. I guess he's in serios condition. Waiting for more info. This happened in New Lisbon, Wi, about a 10-minute drive from my home. Just goes to show ya......................................

Getsome, have you been to the Chatuge Gun Club? That and Panther Top are the only ranges I can find. Unless I buy some boonies and have my own.

Last time We were up there we were looking for any indoor range within a reasonable drive but there was nothing to be found……The Chatuge club is private and pricy to join, way out of my league……..There really isn’t a place to pistol shoot anywhere in the area and I told my wife if we moved up here and opened a gun shop and indoor range we would make a killing because there’s lots of money in the area looking for something to do other than a movie or bowling but she said no because she needs to be close to a Walmart or Costco to live but man I’m telling you if you opened an indoor range in Hiawassee you would have to beat back the customers…….We did find a cool place to shoot trap at a place called Etowah Valley shooting clays park in Dawsonville Ga which was fun, it’s about 40 miles away, they give you a golf cart to ride through the course and it was fun and I found out I suck at trap but we really wanted to pistol shoot and other than that the shooting opportunities in the area just don’t exist……So if I were you and wanted to make a fortune then open up an indoor range somewhere in Hiawassee and cash in brotherman!

I imagine it’s a fine way to make a small fortune. I’d have to start with a large fortune, of course. My hunch is everyone outside city limits just shoots in their backyard, but that’s a wild guess. I can see Hiawassee having a range for the tourists, though. It’s a very touristy place, but thankfully not Florida touristy.

I looked at Chatuge Gun Club’s website, and it looks cheap to me. “The first year’s dues are $60.00 and $35.00 per year thereafter.”

Well that’s not too bad if you live there and go often, mostly anything with Chatuge in the name means heads go back and noses tilt up to 45 degrees or so…..We were just looking for a place to shoot pistols but that might work if you use it enough……..