Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop

Thread: Guns and Memories

Default Guns and Memories

One thing the Left well never understand is America's love of guns and traditions. They make us all out to be something else. (I won't go into all that now_

Last year my Brother passed away. He loved the outdoors. He loved adventure. Never one to wear a suit and tie, sitting behind a desk would have killed him. When he came home to Virginia from the Navy, He had nothing, broke, but he saved up for a Old International 4 wheel Scout, packed his bags and headed West. Made it to Utah. Started working as a High Rise Steel worker. Then his buddy just took the wrong step and went down. Shook him up pretty bad. He then took a job rounding up wild Horses, was a Guided on the Grand Canyon River rafts and later became a Forrest Fighter.

When he passed away, I spoke to his wife. She asked me what to do with all his guns. She said I could have all of them. Nice guns and he loved his CZ's especially. I told her no, to sell them and I would help her get the right price and show her how to do it. I told her, please do not ever sell his first shotgun. The one he shot his first deer with in Virginia/North Carolina (we can only use shotguns, no rifles in the South). I remember those wonderful fall days when we were just kids, enjoying the woods and hunting. We had such a grand time together. I remember the day he killed two Bucks.
    She said, Oh, no, I would never sell that gun. He kept in over the fireplace. I also said please do not sell the Winchester Mdl 100 my Dad gave me when he returned from Vietnam when I was a kid. I gave it to him, before he departed to the West.

She also said of the old Bolt Action Shotgun. Sunny, had a great friend that was a Artist. After his death he told her to gather the things he cherished the most and he would do a Painting for her. In the Painting you see the Old gun, a baseball his passion. (Capt of the Varsity Baseball team in High School when he was just a sophomore.(hell of a great 2nd baseman). And his glasses and a History book. A box filled with Trinkets which he loved to save. He was a simple man, that love guns, hunting, fishing and his Family. And he loved the US.

That Old Bolt Action Shotgun might worth $50 bucks. But to his wife, his kids and to me, it is a a Memory of good times that you can't put a price on.
    He left behind a Son that did two tours in Afghanistan with the Army. And on in the Navy currently station near Iraq.
    His ashes were placed in the "Wind River". His special place on Earth.

God Bless America and the freedom to own and bear firearms.

The Little guy next to the Wheel of the Truck

A good friend of mine passed on a few years back. While I was living in the city, he was living about 30 miles from where I live now. We would go over to another friend's house who had a great shooting range at his house. 50 and 100 yds. Once a month, about 15 of us would meet and have a shootout with nothing but .22's. Everyone would throw a buck in a jar and whoever shot the best grouping with 6 shots on 2 targets got the cash. We would start at about 10:00AM and shoot until about 6 or 7. Then it was beer time. There were of course breaks in the rifle shooting for people to pull out their handguns, and shoot targets that he had put on wheels, to wheel out in the yard. Always a great time. I would mainly shoot my handguns because I'm left eye dominant and rifles are somewhat allergic to me. Lots of nice CZ's, Marlins, etc. My close friend's CZ went to the owner of the property when he passed. His M&P AR, Remington pump, and Glock 20 went to his daughter. His wife kept his Ruger .22 IV and S&W 637. We all had great times and after his death, things changed and kind of took the wind out of everybody's sails. Lots of good memories. None of us would have these memories without the freedom to own firearms. They brought joy and comradery to all participants. Even the wives would occasionally join in. RIP Woody. I know everybody misses you...........................

Here's to family, friends, and this once great country we grew up in. May they be at peace and our country regain what it has lost.

Wonderful tributes to family & friends, thanks for posting….especially the awesome painting.

This great country is going through some rough times, but not nearly as tough as in the past.
    The good folks will prevail and many good times are ahead for those who make them.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Kudos to your brother. Sounds like he lived one heck of a full and adventurous life.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan