Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steel Ammo Banned For Shooting Range

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    ranges don't want to separate the steel from brass when they collect them for reloading.
    For this exact reason here just like any business, if they can't make any money from it they want to have nothing to do with it.
    I have shot many of rds of steel & alluminum cased ammo through everything i have ever owned at 1 time or another zero issues along the way.
    Not saying i have shot thousands of rds through each but i have used steel cased ammo.
    Have used more alluminum than steel over the yrs when the price is right you take full advantage of that.
    When i do go to a range i pre load all my mags at home so when i get in my lane its go time & if there is steel, alluminum or brass they get it all.
    BOB

We have a local indoor range that will not allow steel-core ammo as they use a Savage Range system which is a nautilus type structure that slows the bullets; They say the steel can penetrate or severely damage the recovery system. The indoor club I belong to has banned its use because the back stop is Armor Plate from a ship held at an angle of about 45*; the steel cored stuff has caused damage to the back stop. A friend of mines is a certified structural welder, he was able to fill the voids in the backstop. Another club I belong to has no steel backstop only berm and they don't care what you shoot. I have a bunch of steel core 7.62x25 Polish and Bulgarian ammo, it works great in the satellite designed pistols.