Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Love for the ST9?

Default No Love for the ST9?

Not seeing a lot of posts on the ST9...

What is it...

* The overall size? (longer grip; won't conceal as easily as PM9 or P9)

* The front serrations?

* Too many other "better" Kahr options to consider? (very likely)

* Is it an answer to a question that wasn't asked? (all the above)

Curious what others might think...

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

The Kahr website shows they are discontinued.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Yeah, I don't think anyone ever saw one.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I sure never did. Maybe the same vaporware as that T9 with optics cut that Justin Moon was showing off a few years ago?

It looks like Galloway Precision offers a Tier One milling service for optics cut - from what I can decipher it's about $165 - $175 for Kahr's, a lot more for SIG's and other guns - yes it sure would be nice if Kahr offered optics ready slides on their models.

Default No Love for the ST9?

I’m probably in the minority here but I haven’t been impressed with Galloway Precision.

Their trigger replacement for the RM380 malfunctions unless you have precisely the right torque on the screws for the side plate (the stock trigger is finicky like that). Their polymer plus 1 magazine extensions have sharp edges, are blocky and feel cheap.
    Last edited by DavidR; 06-23-2022 at 04:54 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I saw one for $450 recently...

Was sort of interested... It sat in the same pawn shop for many weeks, months maybe; and then the last time I went in -- sorta thinking I'd get it or at least handle it again -- it was gone.

Oh well...

The only reason I'd get one is for the ability to add a red-dot and hide it somewhere in the house for an extra "thump-in-the-night" gun. A K9 (without the heavy NYPD trigger -- had to do that mod myself) is my routine carry gun, and I really like the slim lines of the Kahrs and the smooth trigger pulls.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Is the only difference from the TP9 that it has a rail? I recently bought a TP9-2 that also has a rail.

Quote Originally Posted by fsilber View Post
    Is the only difference from the TP9 that it has a rail? I recently bought a TP9-2 that also has a rail.
    I'm not sure...

The ST9 has plastic sights, not metal (would be OK for me if I get one, as I'll add a red dot), and I can't recall whether the TP9 has metal or plastic sights. I once owned a really nice T9 and also a TP9 -- loved the heft and feel of the T9, it was my best Kahr "range gun" ever -- but those were moved along to fund some shotguns, if I recall. I use the K9 for CC now.

Old No7

It looks like Kahr is streamlining things. So, there's a CT9(no rail) and TP9(rail), with the TP9 being in the same classification as the P9-2. I guess Kahr spent the money developing the railed frames for the abandoned Gen 2 guns and figured they would use them.