Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT45's Slide Not Moving

Default CT45's Slide Not Moving

I have a yet unfired CT45 whose slide will not move after I did the following: 1. locked back the slide, 2. loaded a magazine with three dummy rounds (Realistic Snap Caps), 3. inserted the magazine into the magazine well and 4. released the slide, which did not move fully forward into battery, as is evident in the photo. I was able to release the magazine.

Is this to be solved with a solved mallet? Am I the true dummy? Please advise.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1AS4t...ew?usp=sharing

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1hn1K...ew?usp=sharing

It seems the dummy rounds were too large for the chamber and got jammed in there snug.

Were it mine, I'd get a dowel that fits down the barrel. I would then tap it against something solid or the floor while trying to retract the slide at the same time. Since it's a dummy round there's no safety issue and you can tap pretty hard.

Anything will work in place of the dowel but I always go with something soft so as not to damage the barrel lands etc.

If you have a vise you can clamp the dowel in the vise and run the gun into the dowel again while pulling on the slide.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Col. Bawanna,

Yes, that must be it. The rounds were difficult to load into the magazine.

Would you think that a brass cleaning rod would suffice as a dowel?

I truly appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by kjorg View Post
    Col. Bawanna,

Yes, that must be it. The rounds were difficult to load into the magazine.

Would you think that a brass cleaning rod would suffice as a dowel?

I truly appreciate your help.

The brass cleaning rod should work fine. Maybe put a tip on it so you don't damage the end of the rod.

Anything will work and it really shouldn't take much of a push to get it to open.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That did it. Thanks again.

I await the day when I have my first resounding success with this gun.

Would anyone know a brand of snap cap that will chamber?

What are you doing, dry fire practice or what?

I don't use a snap cap on Kahrs. If you just want dry fire practice and are concerned you can just use a fired casing. Only a slight pull to the rear is needed to reset the trigger so you won't eject the fired case.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I haven't used snap caps for dry firing my Kahrs in decades. Never had any damage, and I do a lot of dry firing. Just keep all loaded ammo and mags away from the DF exercise and verify the empty chamber and removed mag. Nice thing about Kahrs is that mag doesn't have to be in there for it to fire - so leave it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    What are you doing, dry fire practice or what?

I don't use a snap cap on Kahrs. If you just want dry fire practice and are concerned you can just use a fired casing. Only a slight pull to the rear is needed to reset the trigger so you won't eject the fired case.
    Yes, I only wanted to do some at-home practicing.

Would I load an empty case into the ejection port or the magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    I haven't used snap caps for dry firing my Kahrs in decades. Never had any damage, and I do a lot of dry firing. Just keep all loaded ammo and mags away from the DF exercise and verify the empty chamber and removed mag. Nice thing about Kahrs is that mag doesn't have to be in there for it to fire - so leave it out.
    Duly noted. Thanks for the input.

Kjorg, This is the type of laser trainer I have used for both my Kahr 9mm and 45 pistols. Cheap to practice with vs going to the range. The firing pin hits the little black rubber filled hole you see on the end, which is also a switch to momentarily turn on a laser. You get a quick red laser dot that shows up on whatever you’ve aimed at once you’ve pulled the trigger. They have worked great for me. Little rubber o-rings allow it to fit snug in the chamber. Once you are done you can take a pencil, using the eraser end, with your slide locked back and push it out. Highly recommended! I got mine off Ebay.
    5CC41BDC-9233-486A-80D9-93F82CED2340.jpg