Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CT45's Slide Not Moving

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Kjorg, This is the type of laser trainer I have used for both my Kahr 9mm and 45 pistols. Cheap to practice with vs going to the range. The firing pin hits the little black rubber filled hole you see on the end, which is also a switch to momentarily turn on a laser. You get a quick red laser dot that shows up on whatever you’ve aimed at once you’ve pulled the trigger. They have worked great for me. Little rubber o-rings allow it to fit snug in the chamber. Once you are done you can take a pencil, using the eraser end, with your slide locked back and push it out. Highly recommended! I got mine off Ebay.
    Attachment 19052

I use those too in my 9mm and .380s. Joined up with this gem costs less than $100 total. The target stays right next to my TV but you can put it anywhere. When the laser dot hits the white button the whole target flashes red.

Ball point pens that are all soft plastic work well as ramrods to free up stuck snap caps as well as the laser cartridge that Bird pictured. The latter is not a tight fit per se, but the o-rings do serve to create a snug fit in order to keep the cartridge centered in the chamber so that it is accurate. The pens will push it right out.

Another thing to look for when searching for laser cartridges is to make sure they are rimless so that if you have to rack the slide you don't inadvertently extract the cartridge. Kahrs are pretty good in this way because you only have to pull the slide back a quarter inch or so to reset the striker spring but other brands may require a full or nearly full movement of the slide to the rear to reset. That's why the rimless cartridges work best.

I use laser trainers a lot, and as others have essentially said they pay for themselves very quickly. While you can't duplicate recoil anticipation or control with them they are great for becoming proficient at trigger control as well as aiming practice.

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    I use those too in my 9mm and .380s. Joined up with this gem costs less than $100 total. The target stays right next to my TV but you can put it anywhere. When the laser dot hits the white button the whole target flashes red.
    I had something kind of like that when I first found out about them. Made a firing sound and gave you feed bsck as to what ring you hit. Made for some good fun and even took it to a friends house so we could see who could get the high score. : )

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Kahrs are pretty good in this way because you only have to pull the slide back a quarter inch or so to reset the striker spring but other brands may require a full or nearly full movement of the slide to the rear to reset.
    While you can't duplicate recoil anticipation or control with them they are great for becoming proficient at trigger control as well as aiming practice.
    Agreed and agreed! Funny, but it took me a while to figure out just how little it would take to reset the trigger. I was initially yanking ithe slide back so far that the laser cartridge would pop out, or back out enough to not allow the slide to close. I got it down now though. Good times!